• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ultimate Jeep Project

Ya I was thinking the same thing also, Im just looking at different options... Im sure that when I go home to my parents house for vacation I can see what other kind of stuff I can get a hold of but like I said Im still leaning torwards my original idea

Island XJ do you still have that photo chop, modify it to a short bed with a lift so I can get a better visual... I have sketches but Im not that good with the whole computer thing and I have no pics on this computer...

XTrmXJ said:
Island XJ do you still have that photo chop, modify it to a short bed with a lift so I can get a better visual... I have sketches but Im not that good with the whole computer thing and I have no pics on this computer...

I have the pics but I do not have a website to upload them to. I discovered a few days ago that we cannot post to this site, we can only post links. I can give them to Buck Jackson and he can email them to you if you want. I will PM you with his email address (mine's a work address and i can't use it for this type of thing.

I have good pics of an actual crewcab MJ that aguy here in va built. I have pics but cant get them to upload to a host right now. If you want pics let me know, I'm sure some one on here has saved them over the years.

Bring the Pics on..

Thanks for the pics.. It looks BA.. Is there any chance you know the Guy that built the project? I just have some ? for him or at least get a really close look of the rig and see what problems he ran in to..

Hey, post the pics up! :)

r@m

IMG03.jpg

IMG07.jpg

This is very similar to what I want to build but I want to keep the rear compartment area attached to the XJ body... Of course I would also have a 5-6 inch lift

Way cool!

If I would change anything:

- short box

- Rear door frames should match the C-pillar better. Cut/splice the doors from the box donor.

But that is being REALLY, REALLY nit-picky.

r@m

they way that it looks to me is that he chopped the rear cargo from an XJ, lengthend the frame, and put the bed on... Im not sure if it is a short or long bed, looks like a short

Ok this sucks... could you copy and paste for those of us that dont have or want a yahoo addr. Thanks

That is just Bad A$$ Its getting closer to what Im planning.. Picture a duelly and the rest of the XJ body and thats what Im going for... The door for the gas is throwing me off, not sure how that would work, with the gas tank placement...

Ok Now that I have heard some opinion on the build what about the drive train , should I keep the stock drive train, replace it with a diesel drive train or go for a V8 set up .... I would be putting new gears in depending on the drive setup, and this project would not be used for the rocks...

Can You Say Hill Billy.

' I Can Build A Super Jeep With The Parts In Pa's Back Yard"

Please, Go Spend Your Money On Some New Dental Work And Leave The Truck Manufactureing To The Big Three.

gspeed said:
Can You Say Hill Billy.

' I Can Build A Super Jeep With The Parts In Pa's Back Yard"

Please, Go Spend Your Money On Some New Dental Work And Leave The Truck Manufactureing To The Big Three.

That sounds pretty dam cocky to me... Im not saying I can get every thing from my father.. But living on a farm you have spare parts, not to mention when you also have an excavating business... Shit I bet you have a load of spares too jackass

Back