• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

U4WDA Fall Cleanup/ Trail ride

U4WDA

NAXJA Forum User
U4WDA sponsored snakes cleanup/ trail ride.
Saturday November 12th 10am.

Everyone is invited whether you are planning on the wheeling or not.
This is an excellent opportunity to come out if you haven't been wheeling much to meet some new people and get comfortable on the trails.

The idea here is this will be the first of monthly trail ride cleanups.

Meeting at the Rattlesnake Gulch Trailhead @ 10am.
U4 will provide trashbags and instruction, lay down an idea of the area we want to cover, do a clean up and a trail ride.

Keep it low key, sign the waiver and volunteer sheet at the Gazebo so we can report our hours to the BLM.

Please bring your own gloves to pickup trash and we are recommending closed toe shoes and long pants to keep you safe (not to mention it might not be so warm :D).

Who would like to volunteer to help?
We'll need at least 2 volunteers for each group:
1 lead and 1 tailgunner
and we can have 1 group do Rattlesnake Gulch and 1 do Constrictor.

We will have a gazebo setup with a banner at the trailhead/ parking area and we need at least 2 folks to sit at the trailhead and point late comers to work locations/ inform folks of the effort.

I'll volunteer my truck and big trailer to collect trash.
Additionally, I have a small 4'x8' trail trailer that will be setup at the halfway mark (in the flat area after Rattlesnake) that will be available to load with trash.
IMG_20110902_105821-1-1.jpg

Let's limit it to stuff we can bag on this trip unless we have someone with a business willing to lend their dumpster.

I'll be leading Constrictor and Ron Tolman will be helping at the booth so far.

-Stratton
u4logo-1.png

If you want to print off the attached waiver and bring it signed to event it will save us time :D
(click link)
http://www.u4wda.org/documents/U4WDA_Waiver.pdf

Back