• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Two tiny problems

94xjstud

NAXJA Forum User
1. I replaced my serpintine belt and now it is squealing/shreeching. Could it be too tight, or is there a type of oil/lube? Does it just need to settle in?

2. I think that I blew a fuse, my dome lights aren't coming on neither is the radio. My head/tail/brake lights work, but not the blinkers? Is it the same fuse? Which fuse/s on the panel do I need to replace?

Serpintine belt, there is a easy way to test the belt. Grab the belt and twist it 90 degress, if you can twist it past easily it is too loose if you can't twist it too 90 then it is too tight.

As for fuses what year vehicle. My renix has a dome fuse but it doesnt effect the radio or blinkers. T

Fuse is likely the red 10 amp in the top center of the interior fuse block. Controls the interior lights and clock and radio memory.

Go to NAPA and pick up a Krikit II belt tension gauge. The belt should be @ 190 lbs when new and 170 lbs for an "old belt" iirc. "Old" is when it has been run for more than 15 minutes.

i had that squealing issue but it was the top pulley that has nothing on it but the belt, the bearing was going out when i changed the belt it put it over the edge, i replaced that pulley with one from checker for 19 buck, no biggie

Back