• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

turn signals dont work

jp904x4

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 90 xj 4.0 and turn signals stopped working. flashers work along with the parking lights. iv replaced the flasher, fuses, ignition switch, bulbs. im starting to wonder if a ground wire came loose and if thats the case where would i look other than that im stumpped

Could be the turn signal switch itself causing the problem. There are 2 flasher units one if for the hazards and one is for the turn signals so make sure you didn't replace the hazard one instead of the turn signal flasher.

Same thing is happening to me (again). The first time it turned out to be the front blinker bulb sockets. They got corroded and kicked the bucket. After checking the fuse, the flasher, and the bulbs... I'd check the sockets next.

Exact same thing is what I'm in the process of fixing now.

I've got a 96 and I've replaced the relays, fuse, and the blinker column. Time to go check the bulb sockets.

If they all quit at the same time that would be just too much of a coincidence. I think the flasher itself is the culprit and if you did in fact replace the correct flasher then the second most likely culprit is the turn signal switch within the left stalk on the steering column. There are 2 FSMs and one covers the electrical and the other covers the mechanical. I have both but am unable to locate the electrical one which would outline how to replace the switch in the column. SORRY.......anyone else have a Renix electrical FSM???

i have a similar problem, not to revive a thread but maybe yall can help.

i have no turn signals or hazards at the moment, all fuses are fine, where do i go next to check? bulb sockets or relays?

Back