• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tuned AW4 Valve Bodies

Cool. The transmission characteristics will be across the board, so the crisper and faster shifts will always be there (based on throttle position) regardless of the rail shifter or TCU input source.

This can't help the Jeep feeling under-powered or slow...that's gearing?

If you aren't worried about increasing torque capacity or locking in 1st, then you just need Stage 1.

I'm thinking a firm tranny feel will help, my issue has always been power transfer, theres just much to be desired in the way of shifting. I've thought of doing a manual swap, but it's a big hassle.

I'd like to get the Stage 2 done. I have a spare AW4 in the garage.

Let me know how to order/ship/etc.

good, let me know how it works out. Once I find a spare AW4 the racecar jeep will get this treatment.

Whats the turn around time as of now?

I'd like to get the Stage 2 done. I have a spare AW4 in the garage.

Let me know how to order/ship/etc.

You can paypal me: [email protected], or I can take a card over the phone. Up to you.

IMPORTANT:

Notes on shipping your valve body and accumulators to Fringe:

Drain, clean, and dry the vb as much as humanly possible. Wrap the VB in paper towels and use 2 two-gallon zipper lock freezer bags to put it in. Wrap well and ship in an appropriate size container. When removing accumulators from the transmission, keep the associated springs together with each accumulator and bag them in ziplock sandwich bags.

You should have one wrapped/bagged VB and 3 individual sandwich bags with the matching accumulators and springs.

Turn around time is approximately 1 week from the time I get all the parts till the time it arrives back at your door.

You can paypal me: [email protected], or I can take a card over the phone. Up to you.

IMPORTANT:

Notes on shipping your valve body and accumulators to Fringe:

Drain, clean, and dry the vb as much as humanly possible. Wrap the VB in paper towels and use 2 two-gallon zipper lock freezer bags to put it in. Wrap well and ship in an appropriate size container. When removing accumulators from the transmission, keep the associated springs together with each accumulator and bag them in ziplock sandwich bags.

You should have one wrapped/bagged VB and 3 individual sandwich bags with the matching accumulators and springs.

Turn around time is approximately 1 week from the time I get all the parts till the time it arrives back at your door.

You don't have any shipping information in your post or on your website. I don't know where to send it.

How do you want the parts annotated so that you know which customer sent you which parts and what the customer ordered?

Yeah, there are several website updates in the works, I think they are about to be published. Sorry. You can ship to
Chad Kassem
11908 Anderson Mill Rd
Austin, TX 78726

Just indicate on the package or on a note inside your NAXJA user name. We will discuss your needs and outline what you want from the modifications via PM and email.
I do one at a time so I can not possibly mix anything up. Very meticulous and detail oriented.

Yeah, there are several website updates in the works, I think they are about to be published. Sorry. You can ship to
Chad Kassem
11908 Anderson Mill Rd
Austin, TX 78726

Just indicate on the package or on a note inside your NAXJA user name. We will discuss your needs and outline what you want from the modifications via PM and email.
I do one at a time so I can not possibly mix anything up. Very meticulous and detail oriented.

Thanks. Hopefully this helps everyone to get the parts to the right place.

I should add that you should contact me before you mail anything anyway. I am not exactly a corporation or even a 5+ operation. You should talk to me before you ship a VB. Thanks.

Talyn's valvebody ships today.

Talyn sent me a 2000 year model valve body, but the gaskets that are supposed to be for the 2000+ VBs are not correct. Fortunately in his foresight, Talyn purchased and sent both pre-2000 and post 2000 gaskets.

In the spirit of minimizing tuning time, please send both gasket sets with any valve bodies that are 2000 or later. Thanks!

Talyn's valvebody ships today.

Talyn sent me a 2000 year model valve body, but the gaskets that are supposed to be for the 2000+ VBs are not correct. Fortunately in his foresight, Talyn purchased and sent both pre-2000 and post 2000 gaskets.

In the spirit of minimizing tuning time, please send both gasket sets with any valve bodies that are 2000 or later. Thanks!

That's good to know since I have a 2000. I'm in the process of looking for a 2000/2001 transmission. I'm hoping to have a valve body shipped to you by December or January the latest.

Where is the best place to pruchase the gasket sets?

97320A Gasket, A340E/A340F(Jeep) Valve Body Plate To Case(Upper)85-99
$1.93

97321A Gasket, A340E/A340F(Jeep) Valve Body To Plate(Lower)85-99
$5.43

From https://www.wittrans.com/showfilter.aspx?Category=777&Section=153

I don't know if this is the "best" place, but it is the place I know of.

For now, just send me 97320A and 97321A gaskets. I still have the AA series gaskets (thanks to Talyn) and I do not know what those even go into yet. They are very different in several ways...so much so that I don't think a valve body that takes the AAs would fit into our AW4s. Either way, doesn't matter...so far a 2000 takes the same gaskets as the pre-2000s. First time I find something different, I'll let you know.

Good information. Thanks for posting!

Back