• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tuned AW4 Valve Bodies

I have one...I'll look for the info when I get home today and post (or post that I couldn't find it :( ).

Hi Chad,

Greetings from Abu Dhabi, UAE.

I use my XJ for Dune Bashing over here. I have a P0740 TCC lock up code and having proved the solenoid is OK (17ohms) and that it is being activated, I am about to have the AW4 rebuilt.

Can I ask a couple of questions:

I would like to ask if your valve body modification needs heavy duty clutch plates (there is quite a difference in price).

Also, I don't need 1st gear lock - does the Transgo offer much more than that over your stage 1?

What does stage 1 offer over just a Transgo kit?

Thirdly, and because I have never handled one before, would you happen to know the VB weight and dimensions (so I can work out what the postage there and back would be).

Best Regards

David

Bump. Have any of you guys tried PDQ or transstar?

Also, I'm curious as to what exactly your doing to the valve bodies, are you just doing the install of the parts we.send you? Also, how is 1st gear lock up being achieved?

I've been hoping to have this done some time this year, but I noticed this thread hasn't seen activity in a while, so I'd like to ask first if you're still doing the whole valve body thing these days or not.

I have to find the time to take my daily driver out of commission or to get to a yard to pick-up a 2nd valve body, so I'm just trying to plan ahead as much as I can.

P.S. I tried to send this message to you via PM, but your inbox is full.

Inbox for PM's is full, hasnt logged in since January 2015, and thread has gone cold... What happened?

Inbox for PM's is full, hasnt logged in since January 2015, and thread has gone cold... What happened?

my guess is he didn't want to do this anymore, his email doesn't work his message box is full, I don't know. I am truly interested in this and this kind of stuff annoys me, they try to seem like a reliable person to get parts from but then they just "vanish", I understand life can change but just let us know what's going on and don't just leave us in the dark. I did find this and plan on calling tomorrow to ask about it. http://www.importperformancetrans.c...if-you-cannot-find-an-aw4-shift-kit-1856.html

Back