• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF next run ?

which weekend works best for you ?

• Nov 23 - 25th

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Nov 30 - Dec 2nd

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Dec 7th - 9th

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
so....
good news, i finally got all the springs swapped out today.

bad news, POS is still leaning more than i like to one side. WTF ! ! !

anyway, it looks like i am probably out on this one. i may make it last minute, or possibly just a day trip saturday or sunday, but at this point i am not counting on it. i have a few other things to resolve before i feel trail worthy again. i am tired, soaking wet and frustrated and think i need to step back and slow down for a bit so i don't screw anything up. i'll do my best to get it done in the next few days, but if i don't make it have fun and be safe.

just wanted to let you guys know so someone else can step up and try and put this run together for those that were still planning on going.

mojojojo said:
the swaybars not even hooked up :dunno:

check that the shocks are securely mounted to the unibody?

WaXJ_Skier said:
check that the shocks are securely mounted to the unibody?

shocks are just hanging there. i gave up and walked away after i finally got the springs in and saw that it didn't make a damn bit of difference.

used springs probably already had a sag in it.

adjustable coil spacers for the win!

Sell all those 5.5 sets you have, and use the money to buy some ACOS for your 4.5 set. And in the meantime...wheeeel it.

Do you for sure have the coils positioned properly in the coil base on the axle? I bet you probably allready know but just wanted to make sure. It just don't make sense to install numerous different springs and have it lean real bad on all of them. Do you have the coil spring isolator on the top of the springs on each side? Just seems strange.

That sucks that it is still leaning. Could something be warped or bent? Seems odd that new springs will give you the same issue as the previous set. Maybe you have a tweaked mount.. or something has come loose...

Might help to get another set of eyes on it.

If it makes you feel better Rod.. I spent a good amount of time.. laying in my slanted driveway, with water running down my back.. I wanted to replace my tranny filter, and scope out the solenoids. Dropped the pan.. checked everything.. no metal pieces everything looks good..

As I am torquing the last screw... SNAP:flamemad: bastard breaks off...:bawl: POS...

I drove it around and there are no leaks.. I did use the solid rubber neoprine gasket..

but it bugs me... and its not right.. I will ground the jeep until I drill it out and fix it...

I am hoping I can weasel it out Tuesday or wednesday.. and get everything ship shape for this weekend.

jeepboy381 said:
Do you for sure have the coils positioned properly in the coil base on the axle? I bet you probably allready know but just wanted to make sure. It just don't make sense to install numerous different springs and have it lean real bad on all of them. Do you have the coil spring isolator on the top of the springs on each side? Just seems strange.

you mean the lil notch on the bottom...yes they're in there correctly. thats the first thing i checked. as for the isolator ? whats that? the cup at the top? yes they are both there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelinJR
used springs probably already had a sag in it.

adjustable coil spacers for the win!

Sell all those 5.5 sets you have, and use the money to buy some ACOS for your 4.5 set. And in the meantime...wheeeel it.

i like the acos idea. but can i get them and get them installed by friday? who carries them? i still need to align it also when i get it all put back together.

GlueNTape said:
That sucks that it is still leaning. Could something be warped or bent? Seems odd that new springs will give you the same issue as the previous set. Maybe you have a tweaked mount.. or something has come loose...

Might help to get another set of eyes on it.

If it makes you feel better Rod.. I spent a good amount of time.. laying in my slanted driveway, with water running down my back.. I wanted to replace my tranny filter, and scope out the solenoids. Dropped the pan.. checked everything.. no metal pieces everything looks good..

As I am torquing the last screw... SNAP:flamemad: bastard breaks off...:bawl: POS...

I drove it around and there are no leaks.. I did use the solid rubber neoprine gasket..

but it bugs me... and its not right.. I will ground the jeep until I drill it out and fix it...

I am hoping I can weasel it out Tuesday or wednesday.. and get everything ship shape for this weekend.

good luck man! i feel yur pain. i did the same thing with my tranny last year. and oh ya, i layed in the water all freekin weekend also.....for nothing!!! :badpc:

mojojojo said:
good luck man! i feel yur pain. i did the same thing with my tranny last year. and oh ya, i layed in the water all freekin weekend also.....for nothing!!! :badpc:

Gitter done, roll into camp @ 2:30am if you got to :viking:

I went outside as little as possible this weekend. I'm not ready to lay in the rain and work on cars yet. Its too early in the season.

I don't have school all week, and its not supposed to rain tuesday I guess. so that gives me time to find out why my power steering leaks when the wheels are at full lock, left or right. Gotta love jeeps.

Back