• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trying to fit 84-96 XJ rear bumper and end caps on 2001 XJ

Moo Moo Jeep

NAXJA Forum User
I want to install pre '97 rear bumper and end caps on my 2001 XJ. Reason I'm doing this is pre '97 end caps are shorter so I won't have clearance problem between end caps and Bushwacker pocket flares and rear lower 1/4 panel armor I have on my 2001 XJ. As far as I know it's supposed to be bolt-on but I run into a problem.

The bought new brackets (last week), bumper and end caps (couple years ago) from Quadratec. The problem is brackets won't fit the bumper. End caps fit bumper ok and I'm sure they are pre '97 (they are totally different than '97-01). I compared this bumper with my neighbor's '98 bumper and they are different so as far as I can tell bumper I bought is correct one. Now brackets fit my XJ (I can bolt them in to it) but they don't fit the bumper. Although the Crown part # on the bag is 52000290 which is 84-96 I suspect I got wrong brackets. Or I'm doing something wrong? Can anybody take the picture of their stock 84-96 bracket and rear bumper and so I can compare them to mine? I'd appreciate that. I compared pictures on Quadratec website but can't tell the difference.

Back