• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trxus...15k later-

I've got a thread up on these tires and a few others. I've really had my heart set on a set of TrXus in the 31" flavor. I'm just terrified of them not wearing well. I DD this thing and BFG's have a much better life span from what I've read. But BFG's are not Swampers.....

terryd said:
I've got a thread up on these tires and a few others. I've really had my heart set on a set of TrXus in the 31" flavor. I'm just terrified of them not wearing well. I DD this thing and BFG's have a much better life span from what I've read. But BFG's are not Swampers.....

I had 45K on my 31's when I sold them. Just keep them balanced & rotated. JIM.

IXNAYXJ said:
I destroyed one in Moab when the rim "snake-bit" the side wall.
What do you mean by snake bit? I picked up a set of these in 34x12.50x15 from work for free. They're not new but still have very good tread. Im waiting for some liftage to put them on.

ManBearPig said:
What do you mean by snake bit? I picked up a set of these in 34x12.50x15 from work for free. They're not new but still have very good tread. Im waiting for some liftage to put them on.
He punctured a sidewall on a sharp edge from a rock face that stuck out.

Sean

I wore out a set of 31's and replaced them with 33's. The old ones had uneven wear from driving home with bent steering a couple of times. They were a little noisier than new, but i didn't have any low speed vibes or wobble. I run mine at 12 psi off road, and haven't hurt one or lost a bead yet. I had almost 30,000 miles on them, and they weren't quite worn out yet. My only negative is I have to add air to them every couple of weeks. Overall, I'm very happy with them. And my 33's are made in the USA. (My 31's were made in Mexico).

The 31's one stock wheels needed air every week, the 33's on black Cragers are going every 2-3 weeks. It might be from using my CO2 tank to fill them. But I still wouldn't trade them for any thing else.

Neal

Back