• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trussing an axle and new skid plate

Re: trussing a axle and new skid plate

P090519003.jpg

P090519002.jpg

now shes ready for paint!
That looks friggin great man!

That looks friggin great man!

thanks!
I agree - I would like to make a pinion skid for my 44 - I have a friend with a tig but i have not gotten around to it yet

are you going to plate in the tube?

i didn't tig any of that. i wish i had a tig! im going to leave the tube as it i only used plate on the bottom to keep as much ground clearance as possible. i use the jeep as a dual sport rocks and dezert so ground clearance is important to me.

should have painted pictures of it under the jeep next week! i work till monday....

hopefully i dont bend this one!
-Chad

Should have made a small trip east... I have a TIG you could use...:D

Justin

cool man thanks for the ideas! I think I am going to make a skid for mine - the only skid for a 44 is the one by AEV? and it is around 300 and bolt on...

all you need are dimple dies and you will have the phone numbers just fallin out of your pockets.

I dig it, the skid is the sickness and the top is primo!

thanks guys!

all you need are dimple dies and you will have the phone numbers just fallin out of your pockets.

I dig it, the skid is the sickness and the top is primo!

dimple dies are so expensive! some day they will make it to the top of my list!

thanks guys!

dimple dies are so expensive! some day they will make it to the top of my list!

Chech ebay. Im about to buy some from a guy on there, they have heat treated and 1018.

ok so the axel is filled with a new gasket painted and ready for me to hook the brake lines up. but i ran across one delimma does anyone know the size of a spring bolt (that centers the spring on the pearch) on the deaver 9 leaf pack. i remember it was larger than stock but cant member what size. i measured the hole on the d44 pearch it was 5/8.... just want to know if i need to ream the hole before i try to bolt it up?
thanks,
-chad

Last edited:

sweet thanks! then maybe tommorow night it will be in its new home!

ok i gotta admit i got antcy!
full droop
DSCN0564.jpg

at ride hight
DSCN0565.jpg

got the drive shaft in today... kinda worried the drive shaft is in farther than it was before.... not sure how much the slip yoke moves through the travel.

any one running a aw4 242 d35 drive shaft with a d44?

got the drive shaft in today... kinda worried the drive shaft is in farther than it was before.... not sure how much the slip yoke moves through the travel.

any one running a aw4 242 d35 drive shaft with a d44?

No but Im running a hack&tap with a stock front shaft on my xj44 with about 5-6" lift FWIW.

Back