• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trussed D30, XJ 8.8, 33" TSLs

xjh3

NAXJA Forum User
D30 setup for 3 link
3.55s
Aussie
Ballistic truss
Lower mounts flush with bottom of tubes, 5/8" bolt hole
Upper mount, driver's side (bracket, not bushing) 2" ID width, 5/8" bolt hole
Gusseted inner-Cs
OTA trackbar mount
Shortened Teraflex trackbar, poly bushing/2" flex joint. Joints BEAT. Poly bushings readily available, I have a rebuild parts for the Ballistic joint.
OTK steering using RHD drag link and ZJ tie rod, BEAT.
Rock guard (a little bent)
Ball joints and unit bearings one year old
$300

Setup for XJ leafs
3.55s
Welded
Discs
Ruff Stuff cover
Lube locker gasket
Conversion u-joint on flange adapter thingy
$200

33x12.50r15 grooved TSLs on 15x8 American Racing Outlaw IIs
All hold air. Wheels have lots of rash. Balanced with BBs.
Don't hate, they follow their 35" BFG/MTR bretheren around without issue.
$200

Firm on prices. Located in Moodus, CT.

Also, I have a set of stock knuckles I could include if someone was interested in the front axle but didn't want to run OTK. I ran UTK with the trackbar OTA for over a year on the road without any noticeable bumpsteer.

The second set of knuckles would also work great to ream for one ton OTK steering with the trackbar OTA. The shortened trackbar uses a common XJ stock replacement poly bushing readily available on the axle end and the frame end Ballistic joint is 2" wide and uses 1/2" bolt so should work with most aftermarket double shear trackbar mounts.

ALSO just remembered I have a set of 2" wide weld-on Johnny Joints with very little use and adjustable UCA if someone wanted to do a little work to return the axle to the stock 4 link geometry. If anyone is interested in that, PM me and we can talk about an all inclusive price.

Could be very interested in the 30. What 3 link were you running? Going to be putting in a clayton 3 link and if this truss/mount lines up consider it sold.

Upper link is on the driver's side... Wouldn't be too hard to relocate that though. Lower link mounts are in the stock location, just raised flush with the bottom of the tubes for clearance.

is it possible to get a picture of the rash on the tires? responding for my friend who has yet to make an account... post or pm, either works for me. thanks a bunch

IMG_9115.jpg

I will get better pics this week when I pull everything from the Jeep.

are you just going to bigger axles or parting the jeep? if you have more parts like the OTA track bar i would be interested

Bump for mounted 33s and COMPLETE, ready to bolt in 8.8. All parts included to bolt this in including the longer brake hose.

Last edited:
8.8 is 3.55s right? How bad wa sit on the street welded?

edit: just read 1st post. If you still have it when I got some funds I'll take it. I'll just swap out to an open carrier and throw it in the DD when I fix the leafs.

Fwiw I did not mind the welded spiders on the rd. I didn't notice any visible wear compared to the front in the 3k or so I put on m old KM1s. I'm sure it would lessen the life, but my point is it was nothing drastic.

not coming down to va any time are you I got cash in hand for the 8.8 ill be at rausch creek this weekend as well

Back