• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trucks Tv Xj build on Spike TV Sunday

Y'all bitch too much. Thanks Ryan for responding on the board.

1st: it's budget for TV. Most of the "mild" rigs on there probably cost 3x as much. And it's gotta be pretty to be on TV. Hell, on tv even the ugly girls are pretty hot.

2nd: yeah, they got some tech wrong, and it's good to point that out. But I don't have a ton of experience, and it's great to learn details here, but seeing video is helpful too.

3rd: quit bitching about the tools. they show what can be done, and it doesn't all have to be done the same way or with your own tools. And w/ the torchmate they even showed how to do it manually.

I like the show even if I don't agree with everying I see. I get to watch it with my boy, who's 3, and thanks to trucks and the other powerblock shows probably knows more about cars and trucks than most kids 3 times his age.

If you want to really lean read a book, or naxja. If you want to get an idea of what it's like watch a tv show.

I want that computer controled plasma cutter they made the front bumper with. Man oh man. I'd just have to move the bed out of the bed room!

Did anyone see a back bumper? I saw him make the front. I need to go back and watch them again.

Also I think I would have gone with a black on that bumper.

It's GREAT to see someone do something with an XJ on TV for a change.

440swepty said:
I think the 8.8 had 4.10's with a limited slip and they upgraded the front when they did the locker. Kevin

Now that you mention it, the 410s in the 8.8 sounds familiar, from week one.

I'll have to watch #3 again, see if I missed regearing the D30 to match...

Robert

Maverickj1 said:
When will #3 be posted online for us to watch? I have been checking that website all day and it still says it hasn't aired yet.

As i have stated from the begining, it usually takes me 24 hours to get the episodes on the web for you guys.

With that being said, i should have episode 3 ready by mid-day tomorrow.

I really enjoyed Episode 1 and 3. #2 somewhat lost my interest just because it wasn't solely about the XJ. The welding tips were very helpful to me since I plan on getting into it very shortly. I like a lot of the ideas used on the show, I think some are very original. I think it was great of Ryan to show interest in the build and to join this board.

i really think they should mention NAXJA on the tube just cause alot of people that watch that stuff dont know about naxja one thing i think could also be done to the xj is a rear bumper and roof rack just for looks i really like the spare idea it was a neat place to put it and those seats were pretty cool lookin

Crimzon316 said:
i really think they should mention NAXJA on the tube just cause alot of people that watch that stuff dont know about naxja one thing i think could also be done to the xj is a rear bumper and roof rack just for looks i really like the spare idea it was a neat place to put it and those seats were pretty cool lookin
Keep watching, NAXJA gets a few plugs. In the mean time, study punctuation.

440swepty said:
I think the 8.8 had 4.10's with a limited slip and they upgraded the front when they did the locker. Kevin

Kevin was right. Just watched em again, the 8.8 was 410, and they did regear the 30 when they put in the Ected.

(I was too busy having a conniption fit over a $600 locker to notice!)

Robert

SUA?
please explain

The axle wrap animation was pretty cool thought, will come in handy next time somebody asks about using blocks.

~Alex

Back