• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trouble starting

impetus-93xj

NAXJA Forum User
iv'e got an 93 xj and when i go to start it it won't start right away
but if i turn it over once and stop then turn it over again it starts right now
whats up.

I have the exact same problem with my 92 XJ? I have tried to turn the key to start the fuel pump, then start, no luck. I need to check my fuel pump and injectors, I believe? Stock fuel injectors at 183,000 miles. 90% of the time it does not start with the first crank. Fuel delivery issue?

Probably a leak back problem in your fuel system. I have the same issue. Start by doing the cheapest stuff first. Replace your gas cap incase it doesn't hold pressure, replace the rubber gasket on the top of the tank that accesses the fuel pump gotta drop the tank for this one, replace fuel pump at same time if you have the $$$ because it may be the internal check valve in the pump. If all that doesn't work and you're on a budget, I'd recomend the cheap (under $20) BMW check valve splice in. Just search this forum for it and you should be able to get a part number.

well i think you solved my problem... I have a small leek in the gas tank at the gasket and i've been to buzzy to drop the tank. I guess i'll have to make time thanks

Back