• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trouble getting flex out of RE 5.5" leafs

If you have the 5.5 leaf packs, you need the boomarang shackles RE2705 for them to work right, RE does not have a kit that comes with the 5.5 leafpack. How do you figure it is an RE System problem, the 5.5 leafs are an upgrade when used with the 7.5 coils and proper shackle, if you upgraded the leafs and coils only, then you needed to do the shackle also

I have whatever comes with the 5.5" lift kit......I think they are 4.5" leafs and 1.25 RE shackle to get 5.5"

Last edited:
Try loosening the shackle bolts while it is sitting on the ground and jump up and down on it a few times and then retighten them while it is still sitting on the ground

I've already done that.....thanks for the advice though.
I think my shackle angle is definatly the problem.
I'm going to put this on the back burner for now until I get the rest of my armor put on,cooling system working how I want,and the front properly bump stopped....Then its time to hit the trail,FINALLY!!!

Back