• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

triple a any one ever use it on there junk

It depends on the contract station. 3a changed their policy to not tow modified vehicles last year, but some stations will make exceptions.

Last edited:
do you have reg AAA or plus? The local stations get paid a set amount from AAA when you make a call do do a tow. It's in the best interest of those local stations to tow you b/c thy get paid huge when they hook you up. I've used AAA to tow lowered cars in the past on flatbeds and they never had an issue.

I got 2 tows from AAA last year (we have AAA plus). One from Hollister Hills when I filled my gas tank with mud, and another on the freeway when my CPS broke. Lifted on 33's, no issues. They put it on a flatbed and drove it home.

Had to get towed home earlier in the year. The truck driver just wanted to talk about his sand toys the whole ride home.

I have the premium package and I know of no regulations regarding lifted vehicles. I think we're talking about urban legend/I heard thru a friend/my brother-in-law told me kind of thing. I seriously doubt AAA would refuse anything when they themselves don't do the towing, it's all contracted out.

I would ask if anyone is claiming AAA won't tow any lifted vehicles to scan their policy and post it.

To my previous knowledge they dont tow rigs with tires bigger than 35's. Got that info from a friend whos tranny went out on the mormon emigrant trail.

But I would take Mr. Ed's word for it. He would know more about that than most of us.

But then again a buddy of mine (YJ on 35's) broke a shackle on deer valley (2 years ago). He had AAA 100 mile tow service. He parked at Blue lakes, had the sheriff call in a tow, and AAA took him and his rig home.

i use it all the time. i use to bring home part out jeeps. they are starting to check registration, but they always take it. times are tough and tow companies need to make money too.
ive had them tow so many jeeps on 33s and 35s in the past 4 years...

never had a problem ...been towed on tires as big as 38s

lol good it will be the best 120 dollars ive spent AHAHAH that ticking noise coming from top end on cylinder one no longer bothers me as much as it used to. Its a weird tapping marble sound at 2300 rpms comes and goes through the rpm band. i narrowed it down and can clearly hear it right where the header tube hits cylinder 1.

we just used it a couple weeks ago my buddys alternator went out on our way home from a snow run its full width on 35's and they even let him use a different address and towed him 5-10 miles extra for free :) needles to say my buddy gave the driver a tip

A friend of mine got in a scuffle with a tow truck driver a while ago when they wanted to refuse to tow his '76 Dodge 1-ton dually. "That's a commercial truck and your policy doesn't cover it". When I pointed out that it was regestired as a pick-up and that AAA had insured it as a pick-up he backed down and towed it.
It sure made that tow truck squat though, a 440 over a Dana 60 front makes for a heavy truck, almost as heavy as a commercvial truck. :)

guess that means im taking off the valve cover again to mess with it... unless anyone has any better ideas :p
If its time to change your oil then do so first.
ADD a quart of atf to the engine. let it run and get to normal operating temperature. Rev it up in steps to 4k and hold it there for 5 mins. It has worked for me on 4 Jeeps, plus many others on here as well. Do this every so often and the noise (if its a stuck lifter that hasnt completly failed) should go away. Its part of my normal routine on my Jeeps. It sounds freaking crazy I know, but it works. Btw, all 4 of the Jeeps I've done it too had over 250k and had the original engines.

**edit** I just noticed you said you are taking the valve cover off "AGAIN". If you did any work with the rockers you should pull the cover off to inspect. Btw, It is ok to run the engine with the valve cover off, I do this to look and make sure I have even oiling coming out of the pushrods to the tops of the rockers. If you just pulled it off to look inside or replace the gasket then go ahead and do the procedure I listed above.

Last edited:
Back