• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tri-Xenon

Please do...I have E-codes and would be willing to ditch my "bi-xenon" if I can get a better cutoff. Besides, I always have KC Daylighters for High-Beams!

I am in the same boat, don't really care about high beams because i have a pair of hella 700s. Plenty bright enough.

Ah, the infamous casper shields. I've always wanted to see a side-by-side comparison with some Cibie housings. One lamp with re-based D2S/H4 bulbs, and the other with D2S/adapters.

It's teaser time again folks.
lights-rear-01.jpg

very nice head lights ... i own a hid lighting /fabrication shop im thinkin of doin a retrofit for sale.. but i plan on using morimoto bi-xenon projectors and a standard 5x7 glass front headlight h4 head light housing i think i can fit the projector into the housing without modifiying the housing or the front glass cover .. what projectors are u using in yours .. i have some full size infinity fx projectors i also have a mercedes slk hella projectors .. and a pair of 2012 prius projectors

very nice head lights ... i own a hid lighting /fabrication shop im thinkin of doin a retrofit for sale.. but i plan on using morimoto bi-xenon projectors and a standard 5x7 glass front headlight h4 head light housing i think i can fit the projector into the housing without modifiying the housing or the front glass cover .. what projectors are u using in yours .. i have some full size infinity fx projectors i also have a mercedes slk hella projectors .. and a pair of 2012 prius projectors

I have no idea what projectors were used in my headlights because they're a complete kit (XP6054) opposed to a retrofit. The cut-off isn't as sharp as what you'd find in ... say... those used in an S2000 or a TSX, but they do the trick.

I did have my WJ's headlights retrofitted. The original retrofit used single beam 350Z mini projectors, but the light output was terrible. The guy who did the retrofit posted the work on his site and he ended up selling another WJ retrofit to someone who wanted bi-xenons; when that guy decided to sell/ part-out his Jepp, I snagged his retro and sold mine. His used the much larger FX35 bi-xenon projectors. You can see the difference in the projector size below.

HIDcomparison-sml.jpg

I love seeing retros that someone has spent the time and energy to do correctly...

OT, here's one I just did on my gsxr 1000 headlight :) The jeep, sadly, is still waiting for her turn.

Before
photo-61.jpg

After
photo-96.jpg

photo-95.jpg

I have no idea what projectors were used in my headlights because they're a complete kit (XP6054) opposed to a retrofit. The cut-off isn't as sharp as what you'd find in ... say... those used in an S2000 or a TSX, but they do the trick.

I did have my WJ's headlights retrofitted. The original retrofit used single beam 350Z mini projectors, but the light output was terrible. The guy who did the retrofit posted the work on his site and he ended up selling another WJ retrofit to someone who wanted bi-xenons; when that guy decided to sell/ part-out his Jepp, I snagged his retro and sold mine. His used the much larger FX35 bi-xenon projectors. You can see the difference in the projector size below.

HIDcomparison-sml.jpg

the fx projectors are pretty much the best ones u can get.. cause they are off a suv.. the light is a wider pattern if done right ... my friend did them on his neon srt4 and it was the best cut off ive ever seen and the light is wider then a car projector

^ I wouldn't say they're the BEST, because ever projector has a different application. I do think they are the smallest, most versatile automotive projectors. They have an excellent cutoff right out of the box, are very small compared to others, and bi-xenon.

I'll be putting an FXR or Acura TL projectors in my second bike retrofit.

Here's some output shots from my Morimoto lowbeam. I kept the stock highbeam for a little more visible flash-to-pass lighting. Exposure sucks, and it's aimed WAY too low in the pics, but you can see from one projector it's already exponentially better than the Jeep's halogen lighting.

photo-80.jpg

photo-98.jpg

photo-99.jpg

Back