• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TRE's VS Heims for a DD

TRE's or Heims for DD

• Heims 7/8 (ballistic fab)

Votes: 23 43.4%
  • TRE's (one ton chevy)

Votes: 30 56.6%

• Total voters
i just pulled all the heims the PO installed and made a steering setup with the 1 ton TRE's.
the on road feel is night and day.
dont think i need to give an opinion, seeing as i just did it do i?hasta

martin

I'd be much more worried about a TRE breaking.
=============================
Yes, They will break as will heims but the TRE can be had by next day at the lasted. I can't say that for heims.

Carry spare parts?
I did that. To started with two tires, then axles, then a steering box, ends, drive shaft, then 300 lbs of tools, I then went end over end two and a half time with all that and me in a Bronco. Now I don't go nuts on the trail anymore and carry one spare. +beer

Last edited:
I carry spare parts now.

I'm more interested in ride quality and how long the heims last compared to TRE's

Wolfpackjeeper may know, he is from NCSU and im at ECU, i havent gotten mine inspected here, but it did pass in raleigh. granted it had no heims on the steering. I dont know if the track bar is included in the steering, i think it may just be tie rod and drag link. Honeslty, i dont think any one would notice, and i cannot remember but someone on here posted it. He sounded pretty serious about it. He said that it was a no-no in NC and that was why he wasnt going with bullet proof or rock krawler steering.

Yeah, I'd just hate to get in an accident and have an insurance issue. I love the heim in double shear for the trackbar, its WAY more solid than the stocker was. I guess I'll have to look it up, the trackbar is definitely part of the steering as far as I know. Without it the axle just moves laterally under the truck rather than the drag link and tie rod making the outers pivot around the balljoints.

Haha well, im pretty sure you have to tell your insurance company that your rig is lifted to begin with, so if they were to care and you got in an accident, i would think your fuc*ed :)

Im just hopin they dont care haha

Back