• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

treks/tnt prerunner bumper good?

I can't really afford this bumper anyway but I was just curious because it looks like it really would stiffen the chassis.

Unfortunately, it's heavy and sticks out too far and makes it look like a spaceship.

We don't have a winch and wouldn't use one anyway it's too much weight for me and don't want to lose acceleration or braking performance by adding any more weight to our station wagon. ;)

I guess we'll just run without a bumper for the time being or maybe we can buy their bumper mounting plates and steering box brace and just welde a piece of pipe to the front of them and use them to stiffen things up a little bit? How about that? I'm no expert but it seems that would help a lot?

I am going to get the mounting plates and steering box brace from Treks and make a bumper to work with their mounting braces so it will have something to strengthen the front end a little bit.

Can also weld them onto the rails or plug weld them like the tempermental parts and might tie them into the treks sleeves we have just installed. We want the chassis to be stiff so the suspension can do it's job, at least that is what we've been told to do by more experienced builders.

bumper1719.jpg

This is what i run on my JS. we have to keep the stock bumper per the rules

I'll probably borrow your idea and make it mount to the braces from treks and put a pair of hook or d-ring tabs on it so it can be pulled from the front without having to crawl under the Jeep. Thanks for sharing!

Very good/well built bumper, just not a prerunner bumper. First its a winch bumper,so its for the slow stuff/Rock Crawling, But i think it would be good for a rock crawler / prerunner bumper,If you do both with the same rig then its a good bumper. Ron

Last edited:
I'm just going to use their mounting system and inner box brace and hardware kit and then build a little bar and hoop bumper to mount lights on and put d-ring tabs on. I think that will work a lot better and keep weight at a minimum.

Back