• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Traveling to Colorado

ObscuredColour

NAXJA Forum User
So, this weekend I'll be making a trek across the dismal state of Nebraska to Colorado to have a good time camping and hanging out with friends. Now, what I'm wondering is if anyone has any recommendations on any Off-Road/4x4 shops in the Denver/Boulder/Estes Park/Ft. Collins area? I'll be in CO for six days, and our women have alot of shopping planned, so I want to plan to take some of my buddies to do a little shopping ourselves...

Thanks

John's 4x4 in boulder www.johns4x4.com is a great place. Don't know if they have the best deals, but they have a good selection/showroom. Definitely enough stuff to get you in trouble. There is also 4wheelparts www.4wheelparts.com which is between Denver and Boulder in a town called westminster.
Have fun,
Joe

What type of shopping would you like to do?

For off the shelf parts, there is 4WP (Westminster or Denver), High Country 4x4 (Englewood), and Mile Hi Jeep Rebuilders (Denver).

If you want custom suspension and steering components check out Poison Spyder Customs (Englewood) and Spidertrax (Longmont).

There is no shortage of off-road shops in the Denver and I only listed a few that came to mind.

-Jon

Well, I honestly just want to check some stuff out first hand with my buddies. I have a friend with a 3" lift and 31's on his XJ and I just recently bought an XJ and I just want ideas and maybe if I see some other mods, I might pick something up and use up some of my food/beer money for the trip. I certainly wouldn't mind it.

What days are you passing through? I live about a mile off I-76 on the way into Denver. You'll be right in the neighborhood if you want to stop in for a brew.

-Jon

I'm leaving this Thursday morning and will be returning here on Tuesday. What are your specs on your piece? I, and I bet my buddy, who owns a '95 YJ certainly woulndn't mind checking out a nicely modified XJ. They are few and fair between here in good old Omaha.

Front and rear four links and coils, Detroit locked d-44s, beadlocked 38's, hydraulic steering, 4.6l stroker motor, and a couple body mods.

Droopin.sized.jpg

-Jon

Back