• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail Leaders

not sure what 5 looks like now but in Oct is was l;ike a FS road..no problem..and I have been told that several do not want to even go near 7...and the last time I talked with someone who went up it you would need a winch and that was from some guys that run extreme group...

Like I said before, I'm not going down Puckerwood again this year. I still have some gray hairs from doing it last year! Last time I was in Tellico was right after x-mas and the first long hill on #5 was washed out enough to give stockers trouble. There was also a huge, dug out mud hole at the bottom of Mistletoe that gave me some new dents. There was some trail work in Tellico last weekend though so who knows what things are like now? I guess we really need to do a pre-run closer to July and decide something then.

alright well hey all, i'm leaving for tellico tomorrow for 4 days of ridin, so i'll be able to make a better assessment of the trails after i get back then i will get a better schedule together.

Anyone who ventures off trail 1 (the FS road) without rockerpanel armor is A: asking for dents or B: Doesn't care. Same goes for skid plates for T case and fuel tank.

As for the 'stocker'/easy group...is the little step up out of Tellico River @ Fains Ford on #4 doable for stockers/unlockers? Seemed pretty washed out last time I was there (Oct) That was really the only 'snag' for the 1>4>down 6 route IIRC. But I haven't ran that direction since 2001, so :dunno: Agree that trail 5 was tamed down pretty well, so up 5 to 4 (sidetrips up 3 and 11?) could be a good easy group trip.

Just bringing a little activity back to this thread. I was wondering how the spring has treated the trails and what is being done about a final trail schedule. Looks like I'm definately coming now and I'd be willing to lead something on Fri.

Sean

Okay...I have just about got the Reg form ready and hopfully Remi can get evrything up next week.

Yes we will need trail leaders fro the beginners and Low moderate. We have 3 days so some of the more experienced can swap up the days witht he begineers and low mod then run the heavy stuff. Althoug on Sat I was hoping to have a large group hit L2 and those who want can either come down U2 or come around on the FS to watch. Bring a grill and sojme burger and dogs and make a day of it if enough people want to do it. We could also just meet over there at luch and fire up the grill and have fun...Have to keep in mind that we have the catered meal at 7pm that night.

Kudzu...Are you still looking for trail leaders? If so I would lead one of the easier trails for beginners/stockers. Or if you need someone for the harder rides I can do that too. Either one is fine with me. This will be my first NAXJA event, I am just lookin to hang out with fellow XJer's. I might be up for Lower 2 if the conditions are right. It was really nasty a couple of months ago. If you want to e-mail me it is [email protected]

Like I said before I don't mind leading the stockers one day. If it's nice and dry I'm planning on running lower #2 on Saturday though. I can't wait.

What's this "if the conditions are right", and "if it's dry" crap. Do you 2 need me to carry you across fain's so you don't get your skirts wet???????:D I'm gettin' pumped for this folks. I may even be revealing some new suspension work at this event. Definately going to have some "Oh _hit" handles welded in for this run.

Sean

I said " If the conditions are right " because if it has been raining for a week straight there is no point in me even trying it. I have seen guys with 38-40" tires not make it up when the conditions are nasty. If it has been raining alot you may have to carry me across Fains Ford.;) I will try to wear a short skirt that weekend.:D

I hereby issue a Presidential Decree that It Shalt Not Rain Upon Thine Slitthery Trails Between Now and Cherokee Crawl.

There...it's a done deal now. Y'all can bring your Birkenstocks & beachwear, since it'll be dry as Mojave up there. Don't blame me if it's dusty... Oh yeah BTW...the rattlesnakes get a LOT more active up there when it's hot & dry...watch where you pass out :cheers:

;)

i will try to be there to, i am "stock & unlocked" only 1' lift and 30X9.50 M/T but will try about any trail, i have never been to tellico but can go on most of the trails in uwarrie. am i going to be ok or upsidedown and burning?

2offroad said:
i will try to be there to, i am "stock & unlocked" only 1' lift and 30X9.50 M/T but will try about any trail, i have never been to tellico but can go on most of the trails in uwarrie. am i going to be ok or upsidedown and burning?

Rockrails, rockrails, rockrails. If you don't have them, get them before you come to Tellico. If you try and run without them you'll quickly learn 1. you're going to get damage or 2. you won't have much to do since you can't run any of the trials. You can run many of the trials in Tellico with a Jeep on 30's but you'll need rock rails or opening your doors at the end of the day might be a challenge.

thanks that is what i had heard. i will try to have rock rails or more lift before then.

I agree completely...rockrails and good skid plates (tcase/fuel tank for sure, engine/trans and diff skids next) but oops there goes that 1" lift. ;)

I have seen Tellico and Uwharrie mangle lots of stuff and sheetmetal...especially on lower lift jeeps, that the above armor would have deflected. One particularly slithery pebble in Uwharrie on an easy strech cost me a tranny/clutch and stuff.

Can I complain about Rusty's E/T skid not working if it was uninstalled sitting at home?

Weld that 29 spline diff :viking:

Ok..... I got some questions

Ok I am going to try and come up there this year. I will probalby be running 33" tires. Locked rear and open front. I have a factory Gas tank skid and rock rails. That took a good hit at Uwharrie without a dent! Got the tow hooks up front and somewhat of a mount out back. Are there any other items I should consider takeing care of? And what do you guys consider moderate? Extreme?

Tellico Moderate is pissing your britches before you drive up the obstacle or while backing away from it.

Extreme is pissing your britches while fixin your tore-up junk to save daylight.

:dunno: you asked...

Back