• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail Adoption - Name?

What should we name our new trail in Superlift?

• Tsalagi Pass

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Gigage Uweyv

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Red River Run

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Cherokee Trail

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Aniyunwiya Trail

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moytoy Pass

• Nunna Daul Tsunny

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Green Mile

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Dustin's Lament

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Bob

• R means Reverse?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kendrik

NAXJA Forum User
All,

We've decided to move forward with the adoption of trail L-27 in the Superlift ORV Park in Hot Springs, AR. However, we still need to decide on a name. So, I pulled the most popular choices from our previous thread along with some other options so we can vote on a name. I'll close the poll on Monday at 12 Noon and let BJ know what we have selected so he can get the signs up. Choose carefully, as everyone who goes to the park will see this. :)

Here's a quick rundown of the reasoning / explanations behind some of the names so you don't have to dig through old posts.

• Tsalagi is the Cherokee word for their people
  • Aniyunwiya (ah knee yuh wee yaw) means "Principal People" and is another reference to the Cherokee
  • Gigage Uweyv means Red River in Cherokee
  • Moytoy II was the first Leading chief of the Cherokee
  • Nunna Daul Tsunny is the Cherokee name for the Trail of Tears.
  • Green mile is what they call the walk of a condemned man from the cell to the execution chamber
  • Dustin_Z tore his hand up running this trail
  • Ask Ian and Jennifer about what the R means. (sorry, couldn't pass this one up)

I really like the idea of naming it Nunna Daul Tsunny as it covers the trail description (Dustin got to cry on it...that counts, right?) and throws in a bit of Cherokee for good measure.

My only concern would be one of political correctness, but using the Cherokee name for it makes a tribute instead of a "lessening" in my eyes.

• Ask Ian and Jennifer about what the R means. (sorry, couldn't pass this one up)

:eek:

OUCH!!!!

:eek:

Now, see, I'm stuck...I like Nunna Daul Tsunny, but I can easily see people not being able to pronounce it and it becoming "The Sunny Trail". :tear:

I like Tsalagi also, but can see it becoming "Slag".

I guess I'm gonna have to go with.....

The other side of the page....and the other side of the road. The trail in question is on the 400 acre side of the park.

Whats it rated.

Back