• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trac Bars: Who's is best?

oldseddie

NAXJA Forum User
I am due to replace my trac bar on my 91 Comanche. I noticed that several companies are making one so I thought it would be good to see what you guys think of whats available. Do the ones that are bushed at both ends hold up better than the tie rod ones? Any ones to avoid?

avoid the TRE trac bars, trac bars with the double shear brackets are the way to go, so when your lift grows you use the same trac bar. kevins,RE, good stuff. i personally went with the iron rock offroad trac bar. 1.25"solid steel 1/4" thick bracket, at $ 189 bucks, can't be beat IHMO. hope this helps.

if you go through the vendors here you can get the RE heavy duty bar and bracket for around 200 bux.

Dan Turner at Loose Nuts is a great place to go, i would PM him and ask for pricing.

It appears I need a double sheer trac bar for my stock hight Comanche. I don't intend to lift her but I live in the mountains of NC and my Comanche handles fantastic for a 4WD. It just wears out the stock trac bars quickly if you don't slow down for the curves.
Who makes one that will fit my ride?

RE and Treks make great track bars

Back