• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trac Bars and Steering OH MY!

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
Well recently i installed my Rugged Ridge HD setup. Now the steering setup is great. Now my problem is, I have a heavy POP usually when turning left but sometime when i turn right. I checked all the TRE and all the jam nuts are tightened good. Well it feels like its coming from the drivers side near the top, so im guessing its my trac bar ( stock trac bar with a relocation bracket) it feels like the frame mount side of the trac bar is loose or just has some movement in it. Well also i got some quick discos from RC and they seem a little long for my lift, even though they advertise for 4.5" of lift, my sway bar is at a high angle. But what im wondering is, would it be better to ditch the relocation bracket on my trac bar and then just mount it up to the stock location? Im getting a new adjustable trac bar right after christmas or for christmas, but i can't stand the popping any more. And is having your sway bar a high angle just the same as having it disconnected? because it feels like they are.

Thanks,
Cory

So can i just ditch the trac bar relocation bracket and mount the trac bar back to the stock location?

no, then your axle wont be centered.

if you have the money, get a new TB bracket and adjustable TB run in double shear.

how much lift do you have? 4.5"?

i currently have an adjustable track bar with the TRE and am saving up for the RE TB bracket and HD adjustable TB. i currently have 4.5" of lift. there are also other companies out there( kevins, tnt, claytons, RK) that have a good trackbar set up.

well i figured if i put my trac bar is the stock bracket but drill a hole to the left of it, my angles would look better. But yeah im hoping for a new trac bar setup for christmas, but thats still 2 weeks away.

not to be a dick but what have I been tellin ya. That thing is crap and can potentially cause worse the problems. drill a hole to the right and be done with it.

Well i just ordered my RE 1600 adjustable trac bar. Im gonna try tighten everything up whenever it stops raining to try and get ti to stop for about 2 more weeks.

Asn Dellstopjeep, i know your not trying to be a dick, im just trying to figure this all out without un-centering my axle for the time being.

i dont see why you would install a heavy duty steering and not install a heavy duty trackbar that mounts in double shear.

im confused, are you getting the 1600 trackbar and then replacing it after christmas with something different?

I just installed a RR HD steering kit and an Tera Flex Track bar in My XJ and I hear a slight pop when off road. Never hear it on road though.

I just installed a RR HD steering kit and an Tera Flex Track bar in My XJ and I hear a slight pop when off road. Never hear it on road though.
I have rr steering and a re1600 on 4.5" (til spring) and I hear no pops! Check your frame side bolts and be sure the axle side of the trac bar is tight and not moving or wollowed. And also check the body side of the control arm mounts and bolts, I've had these loosen and oval too.

none of those holes are supposed to be ovals??? :eyes:

I have rr steering and a re1600 on 4.5" (til spring) and I hear no pops! Check your frame side bolts and be sure the axle side of the trac bar is tight and not moving or wollowed. And also check the body side of the control arm mounts and bolts, I've had these loosen and oval too.

I will check thanks for the advice.

Back