• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TPI questions

TPI MJ

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for info on TPI engines. I'm swapping a 305 into my 85 MJ. I'm looking for info on what all I can leave off the engine and still have it run. Trying to strip it down to the basics. Any help is appreciated.

What do you want to get rid of? I'm helping a freind put in a TBI 350 out of a 88 chev. they should be very close to the same. Let me know some more detailed questions and i will try to help you to the best of my ability.

Jerm S.

EGR is strcitly an emissions control. It is used to lower NOx emissions. is you intend to use your rig on the road all of the emissions devices must be retained. the vacuum lines that you will need are the ones that run to the MAP sensor, the one that runs to the brake booster and the one that runs all of the vacuum operated stuff in the cab. also if you do want to use it on the road then you will need to have the vacuum lines to the egr too.

HTH

Jerm s.

Back