• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Towing trailers on the freeway and CA Vehicle code

hmm change of venue... that sounds like a good idea :D since Barstow is in SB county (I'm correct on that, right?) I should be able to get them to move it to the main courthouse and then have him show up (which he probably won't as I will be asking for a night session :D) and then go and see how much sense I can make in front of the judge..... not a bad plan... Thanks Rabbit :D

Kejtar

Last edited:
Mark Hinkley said:
Pay fine, go to t-school keep off record, best senerio in my opinion.

FYI, currently, when opting for traffic school, you must pay the fine, pay for traffic school, pay the court for the privledge of allowing you to take traffic school and while the violation does not count against your DMV driving record, your insurance company *is* notified.

Another twist....

What if the citation only has the vehicle code and description, but no details?? it says:
"21461(A) VC - fail to obey official traffic (posted) signs"

It provides me with no details whatsover!

also on the ticket it has a spot where say "misdemeanor or Infraction (Circle)" and neither is circled. Does that mean that the ticket is not complete??

Thanks
Remi

Remi,

You're going to the big house, the slammer, the cooler, the brig, the penitentuary. Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

If you're lucky you'll do you time wearing orange jumpsuits clearing the weeds on the median. If you're unlucky kiss your a** goodby.

Next time dont leave the beer on your cup holder when you get pulled over.

Hope that helps.

Ray

Did the Cop write down that you were going the WRONG WAY ?

;)

He said Wrong Way.....

ROTFLMAO !!!! T Bent.....shame on YOU !!! ( I wish I would of thought of that )
Remi.... sorry about the ticket...... BUT ! I have to laugh....(alittle) in response to T Bent....
Good Luck with the ticket.
Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)

W.W.R. RIDES AGAIN !....... SOME MORE !......

Kejtar said:
I don't see what the problem was. Sure I was going a little slower than the rest of the cars. I was basically going right with the flow of traffic. There was nothing blocking my rear window and I could see clearly over the top of the trailer. I was going the right way!! Can anyone show me where in the vehicle code does it say that you can't go with a trailer on the Freeway in reverse??

Sorry 'bout the WWR.:rolleyes: I must have misunderstood there for a moment. :D

;) Glad to hear you had a safe trip.

UTT BENT

Hey remi looak at this!

here is something I found that might help fight your ticket!:

CVC 21461(a) states: "It shall be unlawful for any driver of a vehicle to fail to obey any sign or signal erected or maintained to indicate and carry out the provisions of this code or any local traffic ordinance or resolution adopted pursuant to a local traffic ordinance."

The text of 21461(a) indicates that this code can not stand alone as an enforceable traffic offense; some other vehicle code provision or local traffic ordinance must be proven to have been violated for a person to be guilty of violating 21461(a).

How ya like me now!
Rabbit

T Bent said:
Sorry 'bout the WWR.:rolleyes: I must have misunderstood there for a moment. :D

;) Glad to hear you had a safe trip.

UTT BENT
ohhhhhhh man..... I'm gonna get you for that one :D but.... to make the revenge sweeter.... I'll take my time and wait :explosion
P.S. Nice job with the quote edit... I read it twice and went :huh: and :doh:

Re: Hey remi looak at this!

ryurabbit said:
here is something I found that might help fight your ticket!:

CVC 21461(a) states: "It shall be unlawful for any driver of a vehicle to fail to obey any sign or signal erected or maintained to indicate and carry out the provisions of this code or any local traffic ordinance or resolution adopted pursuant to a local traffic ordinance."

The text of 21461(a) indicates that this code can not stand alone as an enforceable traffic offense; some other vehicle code provision or local traffic ordinance must be proven to have been violated for a person to be guilty of violating 21461(a).

How ya like me now!
Rabbit
If I get out of this ticket.... I owe you some GOOOD BEER!

remi read slowly

You were in the fast lane with a trailer correct? There were only three lanes and it merged to 2 right? Especially if it was right after an interchange that adds to the confusion!If there were signs posted that the lanes were merging then you WERE DOING WHAT THE SIGNS SAY! Furthermore the CVC states that it is NOT an enforcable offence by itself. If he did not write you for the trailer in the wrong lane then the CVC 21461(a) offence cant stand by itself because it refers to the law as what to DO, NOT WHAT YOU CAN'T DO!

Hope that clears it up!
Rabbit

Back