• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tow Hooks

Aquit45

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1991 Limited and i was wondering when you got the towing package did that delete the rear tow hook. Can anybody take a picture so i can see what it looks like.
Thanks

they were both options, it didnt nessesarily come with either

Both were options, but if you got the tow package you did NOT get a rear tow hook.

If you have a hitch, you're better off just with that. I've also added a winch-style hook to one of the safety-chain holes to hook a smaller strap to, which then gets attached to the main strap, in case anythings lets loose on my end.

Mine had factory tow hooks , 2 front and 1 left rear. I had to remove the rear to put on a class III hitch, they use the same frame hole. I have a D ring clevis mount that goes into the hitch instead of the ball mount. I also have a spare ball mount and I put a D ring clevis into the hole instead of the ball.
The towhooks hang down and the strap always falls out/off.

standard.jpg

the way the bracket is made in the photo above, the L that goes along the back chanel would not fit with a hitch. you are better off with a hitch in my opinion, but a couple of my xj buddy's seem to think that a hitch would reduce departure angle. although not really true, and I nearly hit my hitch on my 4.5" XJ and the hitch actualy provides as a skid of some sort on my DD w/ BB so that the bumper doesn't get messed up. But then again it's a beater , but i want to be able to tow a small trailer with either of Jeeps, plus all the accessories that you can get fo ra class III 2" reciever are enormus

Back