• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TOTALED 2000 Manual Jeep Cherokee XJ for PARTS

HollisM16

NAXJA Forum User
I am trying to sell my flipped XJ as a whole for the sum of its parts (so you can transplant them to your Cherokee or part them yourself). If I do not get a buyer for the whole thing I plan to part it out. You could easily get $10 grand by selling these yourself, I just have low energy lately due to a medical condition and would gladly leave that to someone else. The front axle/steering setup alone would sell for over $6k new.

DO NOT contact me for individual parts yet, please.
NAXJA members get preference in buying order.
$8000 Price is firm. All parts cost over $20k. I will provide all receipts if desired.

The vehicle unibody is a total loss / totaled unless you want to do a lot of reworking to make it a trail-only rig. I doubt it would ever be on-road worthy again, the entire thing is pretty twisted. I have the title in hand and will accept cash or cashier's check only. No personal checks or IOU's. Would consider trade for a clean, high MPG vehicle (i.e. Prius).

The parts of the vehicle were of the best aftermarket quality and only used a year, the transfer case only 10 months. Parts were all profesionally installed. The lift was set to roughly 6" higher than stock.

The vehicle still starts up after a battery jump. I turned the engine off immediately when it rolled. Obviously some oil burns off when it runs now, but don't think you'll be able to drive it away. It will, however, run long enough to load it up onto a trailer for towing (it cannot be towed behind a vehicle as it would not go straight).

It was a slow roll, so the entire engine and drivetrain seem to be in fully functioning order. The front end has coilovers and an engine cage, but I will also include the previous 4" Rubicon Express coils and their associated control arms with the sale. To use the regular OEM-style coils you would need to re-fabricate the front axle to accept them (remove current mounts and weld on coil buckets), and to make it level with the rear get some coil spacers (or remove the add-a-leaf from the leaf springs).

Since many Jeeps have similar drivetrains, this setup may fit a CJ, TJ, JK, or other Wrangler vehicle with slight modifications. I'm strictly an XJ guy though, so check axle widths and technical information on your own to find out for certain. The parts could also be used to make a pretty sweet rock buggy or desert racer.

With this setup I never got stuck. Ever. I never needed to be winched out of or up anything. I have been building XJ's for almost 15 years and this was an amazing setup that I pieced together and planned meticulously. This incident has pushed me away from building a new rig with these parts though, so now you can get quality for less. Here is a complete parts list:

- Front Currie JeepSpeed trussed & shaved reverse rotation High Pinion Ford 9" with 4.88's, 5x5.5 bolt pattern, ARB locker & air pump, Warn locking hubs, Chromoly shafts, drilled and slotted rotors, 1-Ton over-the-knuckle steering, reinforced lower control arm mounts, driveshaft flange (axle is set up for Coilovers, requires fab work to fit regular XJ coils, OEM width)
- Rear Trussed Low Pinion Ford 9" with 4.88's, 5x5.5 bolt pattern, Detroit Locker, and 31-spline chromoly shafts (has air bump pads welded on, OEM width)
- Rubicon Express Heavy Duty Track Bar and Bracket
- TnT Long-Arm Y-Link with belly pan and t-case skid
- JB Conversions Heavy Duty NP231 J Transfer Case with Super-Short Slip Yoke Eliminator and Tom Woods CV-style driveshaft (<10k miles)
- Rubicon Express 4.5" Super Flex rear leaf springs with add-a-leaf (about 6" lift)
- 35x12.50R15 ProComp Xtreme A/T tires, 80% or more tread left on 4 (5 total, spare has 99% tread and repaired hole)
- Five 15x8 Ion Black 171's, 5x5.5 bolt pattern
- Custom removable rock rails (very nice but "feet" were welded to unibody rails)
- (2) Fox 2.0 Remote Reservoir 14" Racing Coilovers
- Fox 2.0 Remote Reservoir Racing Shocks (don't know length)
- JKS Bar-Pin eliminators (upper-rear and lower front)
- Rubicon Express 4.5" super flex coil springs and fixed control arms
- Timbren progressive front bumpstops (fit stock)
- Rubicon Express 4.5" super flex leaf pack with add-a-leaf
- 2" Fox 2.0 air bumps
- IPF H4 headlights with FatBoy bulbs
- After market speakers and removable CD/MP3 head unit with AUX jack (decent- not amazing setup)
- Throttle Body Spacer (1" from Rusty's)
- Locking gas cap
- License plate holder for 2" trailer hitch hole
- Official 2000 XJ Manual/Book (the thick official one dealerships use to work on them)
- Longest XJ Rubicon Express stainless steel brake lines front and rear (26" front 18" rear I believe)
- Zero Guage military connector battery cables with quick connectors
- OEM gas tank skid
- Rusty's Steering box brace
- Gibson exhaust (chrome tip was sawzall'ed off)

Things that might prove difficult to remove:
- MORE motor mounts
- Centerforce dual-friction clutch
- Yellow-top battery (NEW, bumper has to be removed first)
- Custom front bumper (ties into engine cage)
- OEM NV3550 Manual Transmission
- OEM I6 Engine (<120k miles)
- Currie XJ Anti-Rock sway bar

Items affected by roll:
6x9 K&N cone air filter intake (oil came through)
Bushwacker flares (trashed but may be replaceable under warranty?)

Please contact me via e-mail at:
[email protected]
(I hardly log on so chances are I won't see a PM, sorry)

Build/capability Pictures at:
http://webhollis.com/site/modules.p...&name=Media&file=index&include=view_album.php

Ram_Offroad_Park_09.jpg

30817_1403428319696_1051983080_1183228_6087280_n.jpg

61220_1537241584944_1051983080_1540396_4379079_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You could easily get $10 grand by selling these yourself

The front axle/steering setup alone would sell for over $6k new.

Price is firm. All parts cost over $20k. I will provide all receipts if desired.

OK... so how much is it?

Found the price on his Craig's ad and added it.

Can't get into the detail of how for legal reasons, it was a slow roll though (<15 mph). No daytime pics of rolled vehicle, sorry. Led just came by and saw it if you want a second opinion of the status of the aftermarket parts.

Damn.. I want those axles and steering..

Good luck with the sale.

Dibs on the carpet if its grey and doesn't sell

Back