• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Torque Pro - Bluetooth Adapter

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
So I have been in the market for a OBD2 scanner. Someone mentioned to me that I could download the Torque Pro app and buy a bluetooth adapter from amazon and that it works amazing and you don't have to worry about carrying the scanner around....I know its not a big deal, but having a scanner right in my pocket would be nice.

Anyone have this setup? I have heard lots of good things...

Yes, awesome.. code reader, real time data, etc. Even 0-60, 1/8-1/4 mile times etc. Definitely worth it. When I got the reader it was around 20$ on amazon with free shipping. Originally had the free version of the app, upgraded and its worth it.

yeah i have it and love it. it has the heads up display of any reading your ecu is monitoring. as well as the code reader. i am very happy with it

Any links to specifics? What kind of blue tooth adapter?
elm237 is the number I believe. Amazon is probably the best place to get it.
Anyone know if there is an iPhone app that will work with one of those bluetooth adapters?
Check the ifail app store? amazon app store?

this is one reason i dont like the renix set up. no darn scanner. but i will look into this one for other vehicles i have.

this is one reason i dont like the renix set up. no darn scanner. but i will look into this one for other vehicles i have.
The Renix ECU will withstand pretty much anything, yes there are time where there are "codes" or issues, but unlike the OBD ECU, the Renix runs in real time only. Therefore, every time you shutdown it clears. There are some aftermarket (older Snap-on and other universals) that you can get the correct connector for renix diag. ports.
I will be bringing my BT scanner/code reader to SCF, and can assist anyone with reading codes on their OBD2 CEL/codes.

I'm using it, just got my adapter thingy last week. I'll throw some links up, and get some pics if my camera isn't dead. I've been using a ScanGauge since last year, and this is cooler in some regards, harder to sort out in others. Still in the learning phase.

This is the guy I bought mine from:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELM327-v1-5..._Automotive_Tools&vxp=mtr&hash=item43ab5718a3

Keep in mind that supposedly, the quality on these is hit or miss. They either work, or are DOA, and the odds are 50:50. I don't necessarily buy that, but you might need to rinse/repeat to get a good one, if the reviews are to be believed.

Last edited:
I'm using it, just got my adapter thingy last week. I'll throw some links up, and get some pics if my camera isn't dead. I've been using a ScanGauge since last year, and this is cooler in some regards, harder to sort out in others. Still in the learning phase.

This is the guy I bought mine from:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELM327-v1-5..._Automotive_Tools&vxp=mtr&hash=item43ab5718a3

Keep in mind that supposedly, the quality on these is hit or miss. They either work, or are DOA, and the odds are 50:50. I don't necessarily buy that, but you might need to rinse/repeat to get a good one, if the reviews are to be believed.

awesome!

Thank you.

:rolleyes: Sure enough, camera's dead. Check out the Google Play(Android Marketplace whatever) page for Torque; it covers a lot of the features and such. Anything you want more info on specifically? For $25 total, it's hard to complain. My spare ScanGauge cable was that much... There's also a free version of Torque (ads and fewer features? Didn't bother with it, having heard good things about the paid app) if you wanted to find a BT module and see what you think of it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...=W251bGwsMSwxLDIxMiwib3JnLnByb3dsLnRvcnF1ZSJd

For the iphone crowd, I think Rev is a popular app to do the same things. Haven't checked it out in detail, but I've seen it mentioned a few times on various car forums.
Rev only supports a Wifi connection to the OBD port, which is of course, markedly more expensive than the Chinese BT clones.

Last edited:
i am using the generic elm327 adapter from amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004KL0I9I/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00. i am currently using the free version of torque on my samsung galaxy s2 (att model) works great probably going to buy the full version soon. just make sure you pick a seller that is shipping from within the us. i bought it from the seller called HDE and had it in less than a week since it shipped out of pa. The seller it automatically shows you with the link ships from china. last time i got something from china air mail too a little over a month. It comes with no packaging or instructions but as long as you know how to pair a bluetooth device to your phone it is super easy just plug in the reader to obd2 port on the jeep connect the phone to the reader via bluetooth and it connects.

Back