• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tool Brand Question

Thumpersdriver said:
Ive managed to break ONE socket, a spark plug puller, but only because I was using it with a torque wrench on a lug nut. :laugh3:

Wow..... Just wow, thats all i got to say...

Sometimes there are things you do that you should never admit to haviung done... this would be one of them...

MaXJohnson said:
That appears to be a very precise standard. Metric or otherwise, the question is how well do they adhere to the standard.
that's what i meant. obviously if we can measure an atom, somebodies getting it right. but not everybody follows that standard. but then again not everybobody is trying to measure electrons. what i meant was a universal standard followed by everyone.

hey this might be kinda off topic, but any preferences in power tools for woodworking? mine are old craftsman, makita again.

ECU88XJ said:
Wow..... Just wow, thats all i got to say...

Sometimes there are things you do that you should never admit to haviung done... this would be one of them...
hey, It was iether that, or leave my Thumper out in the subboondocks overnight in an area where there was a high probability of thievery. Luckily, it didnt give until the last lug was tightened. :laugh3:

blackandwhiteXJ said:
What are you talking about man i have never heard that nonsense

Snap-On owns these tool brands.

ACESA, BLUE POINT, FISH & HOOK, IRIMO, LINDSTROM, PALMERA, PRADINES, SANDFLEX, WILLIAMS (aka JH Williams, who makes Kobalt tools)

--Matt

Lincoln said:
I like extremely fine toothed ratchets and Snap-on and Wright are the only ones I've found that meet that spec.

how about a gear less ratchet from MAC ? their very quiet, zero degree latch opposed to 7 degrees which most fine tooh have.

dan89XJ said:
how about a gear less ratchet from MAC ? their very quiet, zero degree latch opposed to 7 degrees which most fine tooh have.

I haven't gotten the chance to try one yet. One of these days I might try and snag a 1/4". The MAC dealers aren't to great around here and when I'm buying off the truck that is a major consideration.

I've been using this one:
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item...4&group_ID=225&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

I don't know if their prices are increasing rapidly or what, but I paid $50.

I bought my dad a 3490 Wright. A little more sloppy than the Snapon but it will still close in swing. The double pawl makes the 41 tooth work like an 82. I only paid $32 for it. The only complaint I've had with the wrights is the selector. The corners tend to be a little sharp so if your putting pressure on the head (one handed use) it wants to dig into your skin. I take the die grinder or a file and touch the corners. Can be seen on this page (the last one).
http://www.wrighttool.com/pub/defau...ts&oid={D9BD84CD-FF1F-11D3-8B5D-00A0C942294E}

The MAC gearless ratches do work.. I have a 3/8 long handle. I paid too much for it. Its not the perfect ratchet either, the direction switch is not too easy to turn... but the mac guy told me it'll loosen up with use. The head is a tad bulky.. but thats ok. I do really like the handle on these ratchets.. I think the 1/4 ratchet is $69.99.

Back