• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Too Fat to Graduate

JNickel101

NAXJA Forum User
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,576148,00.html

IMO, they knew the requirement when they enrolled - why complain about it now? It is a private school - no one forced them to go there....although it is another of those "racist" schools (a.k.a. "historically black college"), so I'm sure it is more cost-efficient to attend, but that's for a different discussion....

i like the girl that says she went there for an education, not to hear her weight was unacceptable. I may be wrong but isn't learning to live a heathly life edumacation?

She's just mad b/c she's fat. I thought fat people were supposed to be jolly? :D

I just love how hypocritical they are - they feel like they're being singled out. Well, of course you are - you've demonstrated that you don't know how to live healthy. It is the same as taking a placement test for math or English......you're not going to make someone take remedial English if they pass the placement test, are you? Nope....

If you're morbidly obese, a fitness class might be dangerous. Well no kidding... if you're morbidly obese, everything is dangerous- especially being morbidly obese. The lawyers are going to have a field day with this one.

Translation: I'm fat, I'm lazy, and I'm not going to do it. But I will stop by KFC after school.

If they don't like it gtfo and enjoy your diabetes, seems simple to me.
"If Lincoln truly is concerned about everyone being healthy, then everyone should have to take this gym class, not just people who happen to be bigger,"

Maybe because people that aren't obese don't need to lose weight o_O

I always like when they say "happen to be bigger" Yes it's a complete coincidence you're fat. Please do not accept the fact you are the cause.

Last edited:
The only problem I have with this is the simplified use of the word "overweight."

One can be "overweight" and be quite healthy - I should know, I was one. I didn't have a body fat content of anything over 10% until four years ago, when I had to spend a couple of months knitting some fairly major bones together.

At 12, I was 6'1" and 225# - at about 7%.

In high school, I was 6'3" and ~240# - at about 8%.

Fighting weight for me, at 6'3", was 275# at 9%, with a peak of 288# at 10#.

I'm running about 265# at 15-16% now. I'd like to get back down to 240#, but it's difficult to do when it hurts to move (too many old injuries.)

With a current BMI of 33, I'm technically obese. At puberty, I had a BMI of 29.7 - borderline obese (with a thirty-inch waist?) In high school, it was 30 (obese - still with a thirty-inch waist?) Fighting trim ran 34.4 to 36.0 - but I still passed military physicals.

BMI is a joke. If you want to assess someone's physical condition, do a body fat assay instead - that will give you a better idea. Some of us are not only genetically predisposed to be large (like me,) but to be large and heavy without being grossly fat (like me - a lot of my weight is in bone structure. You should see my X-rays...)

JAFNS dictate.

Move over sheeple of Great Britan, our sheeple will be joining you soon!

Me, I'm putting MILITIA insignia on my camos.

The only problem I have with this is the simplified use of the word "overweight."

One can be "overweight" and be quite healthy - I should know, I was one. I didn't have a body fat content of anything over 10% until four years ago, when I had to spend a couple of months knitting some fairly major bones together.

At 12, I was 6'1" and 225# - at about 7%.

In high school, I was 6'3" and ~240# - at about 8%.

Fighting weight for me, at 6'3", was 275# at 9%, with a peak of 288# at 10#.

I'm running about 265# at 15-16% now. I'd like to get back down to 240#, but it's difficult to do when it hurts to move (too many old injuries.)

With a current BMI of 33, I'm technically obese. At puberty, I had a BMI of 29.7 - borderline obese (with a thirty-inch waist?) In high school, it was 30 (obese - still with a thirty-inch waist?) Fighting trim ran 34.4 to 36.0 - but I still passed military physicals.

BMI is a joke. If you want to assess someone's physical condition, do a body fat assay instead - that will give you a better idea. Some of us are not only genetically predisposed to be large (like me,) but to be large and heavy without being grossly fat (like me - a lot of my weight is in bone structure. You should see my X-rays...)

Yea, I got into this discussion with some skinny assed capt at a yearly PT test, he as a marathoner, put him in boots and combat load and he was useless. Actually he spent a day with us fisters with a straight leg unit going from OP to OP around the impact area, we were carrying his load before half a day.

Back