• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

today's Renix problem

Gunter

NAXJA Forum User
yeah mine is the same old.
but was told today all the wiring repairs i did , it was not the problem the only places where ground is the issue is firewall and dipstick, and rear head stud. and was told my repairs make it unable to be fixed. and it is likely the CPU.
was also told get a new harness. or a used one. he came across as saying Renix harness problems are not real.

for everything i did, each attempt i gained functionality somewhere on my jeep. so i dismiss everything i was told today.
i was also told a weak fuel pump where it is either plugged or weak pressure was not a a real thing to check. i was like wtf?

seriously, how many weak pumps we see in xj's that cuase loss of high end power? carb or injection, this is a real and common problem. weak fuel delivery is real and must be checked when you have loss of power.

i was also told my soldered repairs make the voltage and resistance change and the computer cant read it now. i know on a home computer, they are very sensitive and it CAN happen. not it WILL happen. on a Jeep? i use the OEM wires, just cut out the old grounds. and re soldered and got a good hot joint. no cold solder.
i was also told the bulkhead connector is never the problem. yes the c101 full of old tar like crud doesnt cause any connectivity problems.

anyways, i dismiss this "source".
i refuse to believe 12v wiring cant be repaired. and solder or crimped wires cause voltage drop and excessive resistance. i am sure the criteri for cpu design and wiring harness is that wiring repairs dont cause problems. after all, dealers sell pigtails all the time. and repair and update kits as needed for other wiring problems.

example....the Jeep bulletin.for the CPS. i have seen and read it, cut out the CPS plug and hard wire to the CPU. straight into teh CPU. also seen and read the bulletin to cut out the plug and crimp repair or solder the wires.

auto repair wisdom here. NO ONE knows everything about all cars.
NAXJA forums and combined knowledge are beyond any one man's knowledge. thanks to everyone who have helped me. i am almost out of the woods on this low power Renix problem !!!1

oh yeah, and anyways i want to

thinking of an LS swap to an XJ.
thinking of these guys for a fresh trans
http://www.monstertransmission.com/

and everything else Junkyard parts.
and this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFD...208916254631&gclid=CL_F4-ud4s4CFQIHaQodfIUPVQ

on the right.

the 4.8 or 5.3
with 700r4 non electronic transmission
with a chevy NP231

the obvious pros
modern engine management system
lighter engine, with more horsepower.
even a 100K salvage engine has more power than a 300K mile 4.0

if anyone wants to offer any ideas or thoughts on my idea, please post up. thanks for reading.

Back