• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

To confirm, this is a Chrysler 8.25"?

I don't think it's been beat up. The body/paint is in great shape. The sliders seem to have no damage to them at all. Looks like a driver that someone built up to be a mall queen. Lift was done prior to the owner I'm looking to buy from. He said 4.5", I'm not sure how to confirm. I see plenty of 4.5" lifts around the net that don't have long arm kits. Maybe new short arms, but not long. What difference would a stock arm vs tube short arm be?

above the pinion of the 8.25 are some big tabs pointing up that look like rhino horns in a way.

IMG_0002-9-1.jpg

I see. Thanks. :thumbup:

This is an '01 that I think I'm going to buy tomorrow. Sounds a bit ignorant, but I'll probably buy it and I'll have to post pics/ask questions just to figure out what it's got on it, etc. It's real clean with TB, CAI, Hypertech, Exhaust, 4.5" lift (not sure which mfg) with coils, leafs, 1" block, stock control arms, adjustable trackbar, disconnects, 32s.

Has the head been replaced on it? The factory casting from 00-01 was screwed up and liked to crack. It can be replaced by one from an 03-up TJ.

I don't think it's been beat up. The body/paint is in great shape. The sliders seem to have no damage to them at all. Looks like a driver that someone built up to be a mall queen. Lift was done prior to the owner I'm looking to buy from. He said 4.5", I'm not sure how to confirm. I see plenty of 4.5" lifts around the net that don't have long arm kits. Maybe new short arms, but not long. What difference would a stock arm vs tube short arm be?

stock arms are quite a bit weaker than tube ones, and don't let the axle droop and flex as well. i've never had a long arm setup, or drop brackets either, and all of my xj's have been on 4.5" of lift. sure, they didn't ride as smooth as they could have ridden a little smoother, but they were all fine, for many years! don't be scared of it. as for the head cracking, it was only the 2000 models that had the bad casting, and only some of them. if it cracks, replace it. if not, i wouldn't sweat it. it's still running after 10 years. good luck!

Back