• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TnT bellypan and T'case linkage problem

DrMoab said:
Its very very possible that they gave you the wrong belly pan for your paticular year. In 2000-2001 the engine was pushed a little to the right to clear the bigger intake manifold. They could have given you the wrong belly pan. Being an 01 if they gave you a belly pan for an older jeep it would be pushing everything to the left, which would cause this problem.

I think we have a winner. I originally ordered the kit for my 91, but decided to use it on my 01 instead. Crap. Guess I'll be giving them a call shortly.

rockwerks said:
DUH!

Add a few washers to shim the shift arm over to the trans side

picture.JPG

Yeah I thought of that too, but how do you propose getting the arm out to put washers on it?

IllianaXJ said:
Yeah I thought of that too, but how do you propose getting the arm out to put washers on it?

you can pull the carpet back and unbolt the bracket, you might also look into reversing the direction of the trans mount

On the phone with TNT now. Wrong bellypan for the year. Thanks DrMoab, I didn't even think about it when I installed it on my 01 instead of the 91. They're going to swap it out.

Last edited:
DrMoab said:
Its very very possible that they gave you the wrong belly pan for your paticular year. In 2000-2001 the engine was pushed a little to the right to clear the bigger intake manifold. They could have given you the wrong belly pan. Being an 01 if they gave you a belly pan for an older jeep it would be pushing everything to the left, which would cause this problem.

i installed the TNT kit on my 2000 last month and just checked my linkage, it looks fine with plenty of space and almost perfectly level. but i'd notice some vibes (at +60mph) ever since the install and have been trying to figure out what it was from. i've checked everything from pinion angles to tire balancing and swapping driveshafts, but the same vibes wouldn't go away. after reading this, i just went under the belly and looked at my left-to-right offset of my rear driveshaft and it IS pointing more to the driver's side, maybe 2-3 degrees! i remember when i was installing the bellypan, there was about 1/2" of extra space on the driver's side rail from the bellypan plate, so i just tightened the side bolts to pull the rails in (making the rails squeeze in, toward the center of the vehicle). i wonder if i got the wrong year belly pan from TNT also!?! i just thought that the extra 1/2" of slack was meant for the body stiffeners that i didn't purchase.

330LICIOUS said:
i installed the TNT kit on my 2000 last month and just checked my linkage, it looks fine with plenty of space and almost perfectly level. but i'd notice some vibes (at +60mph) ever since the install and have been trying to figure out what it was from. i've checked everything from pinion angles to tire balancing and swapping driveshafts, but the same vibes wouldn't go away. after reading this, i just went under the belly and looked at my left-to-right offset of my rear driveshaft and it IS pointing more to the driver's side, maybe 2-3 degrees! i remember when i was installing the bellypan, there was about 1/2" of extra space on the driver's side rail from the bellypan plate, so i just tightened the side bolts to pull the rails in (making the rails squeeze in, toward the center of the vehicle). i wonder if i got the wrong year belly pan from TNT also!?! i just thought that the extra 1/2" of slack was meant for the body stiffeners that i didn't purchase.

update: i do have the right year bellypan, i just need loosen the bolts up and pull the bellypan a little over to the passenger side a little.

Back