• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tired of the white stuff

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
Tired of this white stuff, been snowing here going on 5 days straight now with a one day break, now it's high winds and blizzard like conditions, they call it a snow hurricane.

I would rather it be snowing here than the high winds we are getting. 60mph gusts are ridiculous! Just about all of our snow pack is gone due to 60* temps last weekend. We had as much as 2' on the ground at one time.

Its time for another good snow for us before winter is gone.

a year ago right now I had 12' high snow banks from shoveling my driveway... right now I have 1/2' high banks.

we just more snow in the last week then we have in the last 2 months, I'll take all I can get... but ya skip the winds.

lucky :gonnablow

Send some of that crap up here. We just got like five inches of rain, anything you drive on turns to mud.

Come visit lovely New Mexico, where it's about 65 degrees and sunny today....

Does not look like much, but I sure wish we had a snow blower to do the driveway. 4 or so more inches are expected today/tonight.

I am soooo tired of snow. Really looking forward to moving.
We have 20+ or so new inches, on top of the foot of snow that was already on the ground.
vansmaller.jpg

van2smaller.jpg

Snow that was blown in to the screened in back porch.
patiosmaller.jpg

patio1smaller.jpg

pathsmaller.jpg

frontsmaller.jpg

Car out and ready so she can go to work.
drivewaysmaller.jpg

drivewaysmaller.jpg

Im tired of it already too its not bad when we get a couple inches but we got about 18" last night and we already had about 8" on the ground from the last one And i could live without the wind we had snow drifts that were almost three feet deep Thats just a little too much .

You guys on the east coast have gotten more than us this year. Which is very odd.

Yep and I'm lovin it! We had snow like this all the time when I was growing up during the 70's.

Global warming...yeah right. Its a climate cycle, unfortunately we had a few warm dry winters that the greenies cashed in on.

I'm so freakin' jealous!

I have to drive up into the mountains to get into any snow.

Snow = A gift to the child within all of us.

Joe, my gift to you... come and have at the snow. That goes for your inner child too.

I am a California native. Also spent more than a decade in the PNW. I much prefer to go TO the snow, not have the snow come to me.

We are moving soon, and getting people up our driveaway to haul away stuff is a big issue.

That being said, I am soooo looking forward to moving west in April.

I'm so freakin' jealous!

I have to drive up into the mountains to get into any snow.

Snow = A gift to the child within all of us.

Joe, my gift to you... come and have at the snow. That goes for your inner child too.

I am a California native. Also spent more than a decade in the PNW. I much prefer to go TO the snow, not have the snow come to me.

We are moving soon, and getting people up our driveaway to haul away stuff is a big issue.

That being said, I am soooo looking forward to moving west in April.

Just remember: The grass is always whiter on the other side of the fence.

How far West you coming?

Just remember: The grass is always whiter on the other side of the fence.

How far West you coming?

Joe, I have lived and or been from coast to coast. I am old enough to know about the grass is greener.

We are looking at New Mexico. Far enough away from Cali, but close enough to warmer weather.

Joe, I have lived and or been from coast to coast. I am old enough to know about the grass is greener.

We are looking at New Mexico. Far enough away from Cali, but close enough to warmer weather.

Sounds good, some great wheeling there according to some friends.

While we haven't had nearly that much snow, it seems like there has been ice on the ground since November. The fence line at the bottom of my yard (shady side of the trees) has been in a glacier-like state for months.

March thru May are always interesting where the weather is concerned around here. In the 50's on Sat., snow last night (just a little), and supposed to be near 60 on Wed. It could be like that until Memorial Day. Those late spring limb breakers (tree) are always fun.

Weather's been brutal here in Victoria too in the last week or so. This weekend when I was mowing my lawn, I actually had to go inside and put on a sweater...

:D

Weather's been brutal here in Victoria too in the last week or so. This weekend when I was mowing my lawn, I actually had to go inside and put on a sweater...

:D

I heard they were holding the 2010 Summer Olympics in Vancouver this Winter?:roflmao::roflmao:

I read the thread title and thought of something completely different with a good chuckle

Back