• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire Size?

sWissfoo

NAXJA Forum User
i have 4.10 gears, right now im running grooved 32X11.5 R15 mtrs.i want to get boggers. i just want to know if 34X10.5 will be ok when im in 4low? i wish i got bigger gears and axles.

I run my 34x10.5 LTBs with 4.88s are they are sweet. FWIW my front axle is a D30, haven't had any problems yet. Haven't wheeled it with the Aussie yet, so we'll see.

I ran my 33s with stock 3.55s for a couple years, you get used to it.

sWissfoo said:
i have 4.10 gears, right now im running grooved 32X11.5 R15 mtrs.i want to get boggers. i just want to know if 34X10.5 will be ok when im in 4low? i wish i got bigger gears and axles.

You will be ok in 4WDlow. I have 33" with 4.10 and its fine in low "not ideal" and I drive to and fro my wheeling trips and hwy is fine but "not ideal" power wise.
I agree with Rev that you should plan to upgrade the gears when you have the cash, you will be very happy with the results on and off the road. And you’re running 34” so you will really notice a big difference when you get lower gears.

I have 4.56 gears and 34x10.5 LTBs and I sometimes wish I had lower gearing in the rocks...

Might be livable, depending on the type of wheeling you do.

4.10's and an auto might not be so bad, I wheel with the 34's with 3.73's and a 5 spd, it's exactly like stock gearing, I wish I had 4.88's.

i think im gonna get 33's, since i wanna be able to drive it on the road and have it not seem like a toad. thanks for the input, except for that one DB, ha.

33's + 4.10's + AW4= suckage

Doggy, big time doggy.

Ask me how I know.:D

Haleyes said:
33's + 4.10's + AW4= suckage

Doggy, big time doggy.

Ask me how I know.:D

36s +3.55 +AW4= Forget the gas milage:eek:

She don't see much of the road these days though.

Kim

ya i think ill be fine, i already spent to much money on everything. need to go back to school. i had 31's with 3.55 and i did everythig in 4h, now ill have to run in 4low if i want to move. when we went to cliffs, i put it in 4low it kicked ass, before i hated 4low now i love it.

Back