• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire size!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine sat garaged for 3yrs. New plugs, fluids, filters etc. Except the water pump going and fixing the oil leak from the valve cover, it's been very constant.

Gotta wonder if you can trust the MPG if you are saying everything is stock. if you got up in tire are and the gear ratio is the same us stock you are Not Getting the milesthe Speedo says. It may be close as the gears & tire ratio are close but it is only true if you adjusted the Speedo gear

wow...

I got 235's and I don't think they're big enough...but I gotta wait for a budget boost or a homebrew to get any thing larger than those 28's.

checked my speedo and it is infact - dead on. 60 mph - 1 minute miles what'd ya know!

and I'm making about 20 mpg - I'm getting a k&n, accell ignition stuff (everything but the control box) and I'll drop the cat once I buy a flowmaster.
I'm hoping to make at least 25 city by doing that stuff.

I'll have to stop at chrysler and see how much they want for a set of TJ flares. unless I can find some at a local pilfer a part.

Last edited:
Just tried my Dad's rims and 235/75/15 AT/D's on mine today and drive around some, had no rubbing and my speedo seemed about right on. The only problem I had was I locked them up when got on the brakes to hard in a short stop on a wet road.

XplodJeepster said:
wow...
I'll have to stop at chrysler and see how much they want for a set of TJ flares. unless I can find some at a local pilfer a part.

Collins brother jeep for TJ flares, $78 or so for a set of 4 takeoffs. I just bought some for our TJ's.

Back