• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire Selection, what do you think?

Whivh tires to get?

• General Grabbers AT2

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Yokohama Geolander m/t plus

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Wrangler Duratrac

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • Ditch those and i got something to sell you...

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

Mtadd162

NAXJA Forum User
Alright guys funny now that most of the snow is almost gone and doesn't look like were getting hit with any more storms, i have some money for some new tires. Options (if my poll shows up) are:

Yokohama Geolander M/T Plus

Wrangler Duratrac

General Grabber AT2

And im talking all around here. Not just super awesome in offroad.

Just thinking about this i guess this is more a question between the duratrac and geolander. The grabber is more like a all terrain and i want something a little meatier....

Been pretty happy with my Duratracs thus far as an all-around tire that's "meatier" (as you put it) than a normal A/T.

How often you wheel and how extreme you wanna get? I have the duratracs and love them BUT i cut a sidewall fairly easily in the rocks except for that they have completely exceeded my expectations.

I have loved my duratracs and given that my rig is my DD I would have bought them again if they came in 35's. Instead I went with its big brother.
1002596a.jpg

Yea the rock dita blew his on wasn't even sharp.

Todd(forget his name on here) also blew his out on a small stump.

I think rob blew a side wall too.

I'll weigh in...if you want something meatier for not much more, go with the MT/R's, seriously...Im running a set on my 01 (33x12.50's) and they are quiet, grip great in snow or rain, and work well offroad too...why bother with a/t's? did I mention these ride well too? just my 2 cents.
Rich

I agree with Rich, get a mud terrain tire if you will be doing any amount of wheeling. A good quality (and properly balanced) mud terrain will ride almost as well as an A/T, and it will be twice as good off-road.

If you do go with an A/T, take a look at the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo.

Oh alright I assumed you meant the wrangler mt/r. Just didn't know that's what jonzer was showing. I'm going to the tire shop tomorrow, see what they can do for me.

Yea the rock dita blew his on wasn't even sharp.

Todd(forget his name on here) also blew his out on a small stump.

I think rob blew a side wall too.

The duratracs are a great tire ( aggressive A/T ) and are fairly quiet down the road. The problem is, the sidewall is not the greatest, so if you plan on running blacks all day, I would probably stick with an MTR or something like that.

Yea I'm not a aggressive offroader as this is my dd at the moment. But some light rocks and mostly mud is what I'll be dealing with. Hopefully these nexens aren't trash

running the geolanders on my F250 and it goes ANYWHERE in the snow and they are very well road mannered

Wish you chimed in a lil earlier. I kinda steered away from the geolanders assuming they were gunna howl like a mofo

Last edited:
That is the Goodyear Wrangler MT/R I was just recommending.
x2 on the Goodyear Wranglers MT/Rs with Kevlar. they are great on the trails (just got back from RC, running blues and blacks in the snow). i can cruise 85 mph on the highway (hypothetically, of course, because it would be illegal to actually drive 85 :D), smooth and quiet.

back when i was running ATs, i had the General Grabbers and liked them.

Back