• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire Reviews?

Anyone running Trxus M/T's in 31? Tread life? Balance issues? I know they go good, there is a guy in the local club with a 1st gen 4runner that runs them and I was really impressed with how well they go.

98XJSport said:
Unless you hang out with a bunch of mall crawlers, wouldn't you want a tire that everyone has good luck with on the local terrain? Using equipment that doesn't work as well just to be "different" doesn't seem like a very good idea. But to each his own.

X2 Go with a proven winner!!!! BFG Baby!!!!:twak:

ive heard from a couple of buddies that run the Truxxus MT that they are cheap and too soft. One has gotten 22K with daily driving and a couple offroad trips a year and he has never been able to keep them balanced. The other guy is getting better wear overall, but he has had a hell of a time trying to keep them balanced too. They look cool for the money, but I don't think i'de use them on a DD.

My Mud Rovers wear poorly(6K and about 70% tread left(daily driven)) but do well in the sloppy stuff as long as its not real sticky or clay-y. My brother has 33'' ssr's on his TJ and he gets the same tread life with amazing offroad. you just can't have normal conversations with the hum. but if you don't mind the noise. GO FOR TSL's. you wont be diappionted.

TSL's are just to "bubble gum compound" for me right now. When its trail/weekend rig only, definitely! But since it's a DD I want radial and a more substantial compound as I can't afford to put new tires on every 6 months.

Interco sucks for DD!! Look elsewhere!!

Anyone running these? I was looking at the and the Dunlop Rover RT version as well. I didn't make the purchase since i didn't hear anything about treadlife or personal experience. I was thinking about these in the near future to replace my MT's- look like a good DD/weekend excursion tire.

beatassXJ said:
I meant the tsl radials. They're called ssr's. they wear way better than the bias plys.

There are the TSL/Radials and the SSR's (check www.intercotire.com). I like the TSL/Radials because of the 31/9.50/15 tire size.

Right now I'm looking at:
1. TSL/Radial 31-9.50-15's
2. TrXus M/T 31-10.50-15's
3. BFG M/T 31-10.50-15's

The price of the Interco stuff is very close (like $3 a tire difference). The BFG stuff is about $36 more each. I've seen reviews on the BFG stuff saying they'll run 70,000mi+ which I think is a little far fetched, but I've seen 8 or more reviews saying that. I have yet to see a mileage review on the Interco stuff. I'm leaning BFG because of the wear.

Anyone running these? I was looking at the and the Dunlop Rover RT version as well. I didn't make the purchase since i didn't hear anything about treadlife or personal experience. I was thinking about these in the near future to replace my MT's- look like a good DD/weekend excursion tire.

I was practicaly raised on BFG AT's. I've run them on every 4x4 I've owned until now. A buddy of mine talked me into trying the Dick Cepek FC2's and I am sold. They're somewhere between a typical AT and MT. They still get the better milage like an AT, but have a good bit more bite when it is needed. Road manners are excelent and the noise level is real good too. They handled the thick clay in the Shenandoah valley area suprising well, are great in the sand out here and don't annoy me on my commute.

Last edited:
anything on mileage as of yet?

I'm on my second set of Trxus M/T's
I had 31s got 30k combo daily driver and wheeler. now on my second set they are 33" and only have about 15k dd and wheeling and they still have the little tred tops on each lug so they are wearing great.they will go over 30k I would say even with all the wheeling I do.I have not had any balance issue with them. I love the tire ,and they handle great on and off the road and boy they ride nice.I don't think your gonna get much over 35-45k taking care of them ..they are a soft rubber
And they are cheap! bought mine at http://www.ntwonline.com/

beatassXJ said:
I meant the tsl radials. They're called ssr's. they wear way better than the bias plys.
No they are not.

There is a TSL Radial and there is an SSR. I've run both, and the SSR's suck. I went through 3 sidewalls. Total POS only good for full-size trucks.

My reccomendation would be the Interco Trxus M/T. One guy in my club put 45k miles on his. As for balancing, just use airsoft pellets and they're fine up to about 100 mph (yes, I'm serious). Here's my recent thread on the Trxus:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=935005

-----Matt-----

Back