• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire fitment ?

anodyne33

NAXJA Forum User
Searching here and google have left me slightly up in the air on this one. I have an 8" wide rim for a spare (to ditch the donut) and a stock 235/75/15 tire available. The best I've found is that size tire is recommended up to a 7.5" rim. My question is will it mount okay on an 8" rim, and what issues would I expect to see with a (slightly) wider than recommended rim for that size. Keep in mind that this will be a spare and so it will see little, if any on road use.
Thanks,
Shane

On or off road you can expect the tire to try to peel off the rim at any chance it gets. Use a narrower rim with a tire that's only 9.3" wide...

I currently have 235/75/15 tires on stock rims and I havent had any problems with them. They fit just fine and are good for on road use.

90red

90red said:
I currently have 235/75/15 tires on stock rims and I havent had any problems with them. They fit just fine and are good for on road use.
The stock rims are either 15x7 or 15x6 (steel) with 5.25" backspacing, and 7" is as wide as I'd go with a tire like that.

Back