• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tinted front windows...

lol, how darks ur windows? im thinkin about tinting my front driver passenger doors again but i have a wonderful history of tinted window tickets in my civic

if you find that person let me know so i know who to message when i get a ticket

sign off my ticket?

Where's the signature block for "I'm a cop and I'm this guys buddy so don't fine him." Last time I checked there wasn't one.

Where's the signature block for "I'm a cop and I'm this guys buddy so don't fine him." Last time I checked there wasn't one.

If it is a fixit ticket then you have to have either chp, local pd, or dmv sign off your ticket saying you have fixed the problem, in this case the tinted windows. If you have a friend that is a cop he can sign off your ticket without you having to remove the tint. I guess military police dont have to know about civilian code....

Nope not at all. Why prolong the issue when you can fix it and not get another ticket. No self respecting cop with an ounce of integrity would do that.

Just out of curiosity... if I tint my full doors and get a ticket, can I get it signed off by switching to my half doors (now windows at all)?
dunno.gif

Billy

Yeah just portray it as a permanent solution.

Nope not at all. Why prolong the issue when you can fix it and not get another ticket. No self respecting cop with an ounce of integrity would do that.

He is asking somebody to write off a fix-it ticket, not help him stow a body....relax. Im sure you dont have mudflaps on your rig, and do you keep your aux lights covered when not offroad all the time? The tinted windows thing was just a reason to check him out... not the sole reason of pulling him over. Besides, no department would give a $hit if they knew he was writing off fix it tickets for buddies, better things to do, thats the way it is.

Nick, if you want to keep your windows tinted then just pay the fine and be done with it. My GF got a ticket in Concord for the same thing. The letter from the court said either fix the problem or pay the fine.

Nick, if you want to keep your windows tinted then just pay the fine and be done with it. My GF got a ticket in Concord for the same thing. The letter from the court said either fix the problem or pay the fine.

How long ago was that? I was under the impression that they make you fix it now. Maybe it varies from county to county
dunno.gif

Billy

Just go to your doctor and get a perscription for tinted windows. If you have one they more that likely let you go. I have one for my honda and my heep my heep has privacy glass in the rear and the front windshield and drivers and passengers doors are at 35%. I have never been pulled over but my heep is also plated in Oregon and spends quite a bit of time here in California. Should feel lucky in Oregon its 300.00 dollars no fix it ticket. My scrip is for skin cancer and photo sensetivity

Just go to your doctor and get a perscription for tinted windows. If you have one they more that likely let you go. I have one for my honda and my heep my heep has privacy glass in the rear and the front windshield and drivers and passengers doors are at 35%. I have never been pulled over but my heep is also plated in Oregon and spends quite a bit of time here in California. Should feel lucky in Oregon its 300.00 dollars no fix it ticket. My scrip is for skin cancer and photo sensetivity
Might as well go for a pot growing permit too....Ya gotta love Oregon. Never met anyone who got a tint ticket in Oregon.

Yeah have my concealed handgun license to probably would have less crime here if they would let you have one in California. I dont know about tinted window tickets in Oregon but they sure like to give out tickets for tire coverage. Got pulled over in my girlfreinds crossfire SRT no front plate gave me a ticket for speeding been pulled over twice in her car and once in my honda no front plate on that car eighter. Shes been pulled over in her crossfire and they never once brought up the fact that it was missing its front plate. Been pulled over by the California hightway patrol and told to put on my front plate and my honda is plated in Oregon. Thank you very much

Last edited:
Oregon cops can be so weird.....and never consistent....but i love the concealment laws too. went w/o a front plate for 2 yrs never a prob. but a buddy got stopped because his handicaped permit was on his mirror while he was driving....jeeeez

Yeah they are weird and your right not consistent. I guess it just depends on where and how busy they are but to get pulled over so often and never once did they say anything about no front plate go figure. CHP down here are the ones you need to watch out for city cops seem to be a little more mellow.

He is asking somebody to write off a fix-it ticket, not help him stow a body....relax. Im sure you dont have mudflaps on your rig, and do you keep your aux lights covered when not offroad all the time? The tinted windows thing was just a reason to check him out... not the sole reason of pulling him over. Besides, no department would give a $hit if they knew he was writing off fix it tickets for buddies, better things to do, thats the way it is.

EVERY department I have worked for would FIRE any officer found signing off tickets for violations that were not corrected; it is dishonest and illegal. Several past partners of mine now work at Chico PD and NONE of them would consider doing this even if the consequences weren't so severe (they have integrity). As for the tinted windows being "just a reason to check him out," you may be right or you could be wrong. Some officers actually like working traffic and take these things seriously.

im going down to the dmv tomm and try and find out about that.

Last edited:
EVERY department I have worked for would FIRE any officer found signing off tickets for violations that were not corrected; it is dishonest and illegal. Several past partners of mine now work at Chico PD and NONE of them would consider doing this even if the consequences weren't so severe (they have integrity). As for the tinted windows being "just a reason to check him out," you may be right or you could be wrong. Some officers actually like working traffic and take these things seriously.

the cop that pulled me over was a dick head, he took my DL, as well one from the girl that was in my passenger seat. i was very friendly and we sat there for about 30min. while he went back to his car, and ran both of our ID's. he shined his light around in my back seat as well and looked thru the bed of the truck. he was looking for something to bug me about, and when he didnt find anything he sent me on my way w/ this fix-it ticket

im not trying to piss people off by asking this, all im trying to do is make this easier then peeling and retinting. im going to have tinted windows one way or another, because i like them tinted...

Back