• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Timken bearing, bad?

Nevada City Sparky said:
If its any consolation, I had mine go out yesterday. Bastid only had ~12K miles on it too. I'd replaced it about 1-1/2 years ago.

What's the guarantee on Timken unit bearings?

1 year from what I saw when looking into mine.

What was the signs of yours going bad? Is it leaking grease from the shaft side seal too? Just wondering how common the seal failure is now...

I just replaced my chinese/russian unit bearings because one of them had a seal failure. Replaced with Timkens. What is interesting to me about this thread was that I noticed the wheel bearing starting to make noise looked closer and saw that the axle ujoint was bad. So now I really wonder if the two are related. The axle ujoint goes then goes the bearing.

Just to close this thread out;

I shipped the old bearing back last week which cost 9bucks. I just got the full refund today, so the warranty process cost me $9 and I can live with that.

Rockauto has been great through the whole process. Even gave me a 5% off discount for my troubles(although they are easy to find).

Back