• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

timecert vs helicoil

I ve used helicoils on head bolts for an SBC with no problems. Those torque to at least 75ft/lbs. I'd use a helicoil.

BA

Not sure of "timecerts", but I have used helicoils and keenserts. The keensert does have a thread on the outside diameter that you drill and tap your buggared hole out to. You thread in your insert and "set" it in place with little stakes that are built in to the sides. The advantage of a keensert is that it stays in place very well with assembly and disassembly. I have seen helicoils come out on the bolt when they are later disassemble. A helicoil probably has more ultimate strength because it flexexs more into the nooks and crannies of the thread. If it was a place like a differential cover of valve cover that needed future disassembly, I would use the solid keensert instead of a helicoil.

holly dead fawking thread batman!

why is it that when someone searches and adds on to the thread people give them crap, but as soon as someone asks a common question, there told to search:wierd:

why is it that when someone searches and adds on to the thread people give them crap, but as soon as someone asks a common question, there told to search:wierd:

When someone searches, finds an old thread with info on their problem, and then posts to it seeking new information on a current similar issue, no problemo.

When someone searches, finds an old thread, then posts on how the original poster might resolve the problem, its funny. I've done it too, more than once, and it is embarrassing and funny at the same time.

A sense of humor is very helpful in life. If you can't laugh a little, even at yourself, then you're going to end up on a roof top with a high powered rifle--not good for your health.

Back