• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tierod flip done (pics)

NICE!! did you make that stup?

DrMoab- Do you have an idea of what that cost to make yourself? (reamer included) Did you not need a steering stabiliser? Would one be a good idea on a DD and if so, how would you mount it?

nhrocker said:
DrMoab- Do you have an idea of what that cost to make yourself? (reamer included) Did you not need a steering stabiliser? Would one be a good idea on a DD and if so, how would you mount it?
It cost me 120.00 in TREs and tubing. My dad worked in a machine shop and did the threads on the tubing but I have heard you can buy the right tap if you know where to look.
I had a local guy do the reaming for me. A quality reamer was 70 bucks and he did both knuckles for 30 so it was a good deal.

I have no death wobble at all. This set up....at least for me doesn't shimmy at all. I'm problebly lucky that way though. A good stabilizer kit should come with all the mounting brakets you would need to mount it to this set up.

IMO the passenger side does not hang down enough to justify a flip (and then messing with your trackbar mount to keep things parallel). The drivers side is worth it, as the tie rod does hang down more in the path of rocks, etc...

you can kinda see how little the drag link on the passenger side is down below the knuckle

DSC00058.JPG

DSC00124.JPG

this setup has worked well for me.

cool, is that the stock tierod with the flip kit?
IntrepidXJ said:
IMO the passenger side does not hang down enough to justify a flip (and then messing with your trackbar mount to keep things parallel). The drivers side is worth it, as the tie rod does hang down more in the path of rocks, etc...

you can kinda see how little the drag link on the passenger side is down below the knuckle

DSC00058.JPG

DSC00124.JPG

this setup has worked well for me.

ECKSJAY said:
And all the kids can read further about this type of setup at:

http://www.partsmikeparts.com/

:)

That was where I got my STEERING as well. The only thing about Parts Mike linkage is that it is 1-1/8" .188 wall. We will have to see how it does on the rocks. Mike says the TRE will bend before the tube so we'll see.

-Mike

I was looking at his kits.
This One
I was just wondering if it was worth it to buy it as a kit. Once I've reamed out the top of the knuckles on my D30, his would be a bolt in, correct?

Mike L said:
That was where I got my STEERING as well. The only thing about Parts Mike linkage is that it is 1-1/8" .188 wall. We will have to see how it does on the rocks. Mike says the TRE will bend before the tube so we'll see.

-Mike
are you sure on that? I know Mike gets his linkages from WFO (wfoconcepts.com) at least on occasion, I thought it was all the time, and they use 1.25 .219 wall

BrettM said:
are you sure on that? I know Mike gets his linkages from WFO (wfoconcepts.com) at least on occasion, I thought it was all the time, and they use 1.25 .219 wall

Thats what he told me last time I ordered them. Every time I asked that question he would say 1-1/8" .188 wall. I haven't checked mine with a mic or eyeball it with a tape measure so I can't say for sure.

-Mike

Back