• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thoughts on RE6030 kit??

Kyle Deidrick said:
With the RE 4.5" lift you will actually get a bit over 5". With the arms in stock locations this will cause your arm angles to be horid which in turn will cause your ride to be considerably rough. I would recommend getting drop brackets if you decide on the 4.5" kit. Now the 3.5" kit wont have that effect as much.http://www.

When I got my XJ it had the 3.5" RE kit with all the 4.5" parts. I have since added 1" lift shackles and 1" coil spacers to make it a 4.5" lift and I can't tell any difference in ride quality. I see no need in drop brackets.

Muad'Dib said:
Drop brackets for the LCA's right? Ok, if i went with 4.5" and Drop Brackets... would the 4.5 ride like the 3.5? Is it really that much of a fuss for 1" more? Does 1" really matter that much?

I have ridden in both and I can assure you there is a considerable difference. The DB's drop both the uca's and LCA's.

Kyle Deidrick said:
I have ridden in both and I can assure you there is a considerable difference. The DB's drop both the uca's and LCA's.

You didnt really specify which difference you were reffering too... It sounds like you were basically saying the difference is with the drop brackets... If thats true, then is that extra 1" really worth that much effort? Does it equate to being about the same ride as the 3.5 when using the db's?

Muad'Dib said:
You didnt really specify which difference you were reffering too... It sounds like you were basically saying the difference is with the drop brackets... If thats true, then is that extra 1" really worth that much effort? Does it equate to being about the same ride as the 3.5 when using the db's?

There is a noticible difference in ride quality with a RE 4.5" kit with DB in comparison to the RE 4.5" kit without DB's. IMO it is worth the extra money spent on the DB. With proper shocks yes, I would say that it is comparible to the 3.5" kit as far as ride quality goes.

Why go to the expense of lifting a Jeep if you just turn around and install control arm drop brackets that hang down and catch on every rock you go over? My XJ at 4.5" rides like a Jeep should ride, rough. They ride rough stock and they ride rough lifted. If your looking for smooth, buy a Caddy. :laugh:

jaburk said:
Why go to the expense of lifting a Jeep if you just turn around and install control arm drop brackets that hang down and catch on every rock you go over? My XJ at 4.5" rides like a Jeep should ride, rough. They ride rough stock and they ride rough lifted. If your looking for smooth, buy a Caddy. :laugh:

I dont think anyone mentioned it riding smooth... must be your interpretation...

I have heard conflicting information about DB's... Some people say they catch on rocks, others say that they don't since there right behind the tires...
Either way, i still think that a part of my question(s) have gone unanswered.

Is that extra 1" really worth sacrificing driveability, and or the inflated cost?

Seems like when you go to 4.5" you gotta start thinking about drop brackets, SYE, etc etc.. which can all add up. Plus the kit itself is more expensive... Doesn't seem to make much since to me to put all that extra money into another 1"... could someone explain that phenomenon better?

OIC what you were referring too. Obvously people life to create more clearance from both the ground and tire. My RE 3.5" kit sits at 4.25" and when I go to 35's I will run an extra inch or so. But there are guys running 37's on a 4" lift (as seen here: http://www.cherokeeforum.com/showthread.php?t=513 ) so dont let tire size be the determining factor. Also you probably will need a SYE with the 3.5" kit along with an ADJ tracbar.

Kyle Deidrick said:
OIC what you were referring too. Obvously people life to create more clearance from both the ground and tire. My RE 3.5" kit sits at 4.25" and when I go to 35's I will run an extra inch or so. But there are guys running 37's on a 4" lift (as seen here: http://www.cherokeeforum.com/showthread.php?t=513 ) so dont let tire size be the determining factor. Also you probably will need a SYE with the 3.5" kit along with an ADJ tracbar.

YUK! I hope my XJ never looks like that ... that must be for the "hardcore" types... I like to keep mine sharp looking, yet capable of just about everything... minimal fender cutting etc etc.

Muad'Dib said:
YUK! I hope my XJ never looks like that ... that must be for the "hardcore" types... I like to keep mine sharp looking, yet capable of just about everything... minimal fender cutting etc etc.

If you want minimal fender cutting then 32's are going to be your limit.

Kyle Deidrick said:
If you want minimal fender cutting then 32's are going to be your limit.

And thats just fine with me... i was thinking 31-33's nothing more. Ive seen some knarly lifted jeeps that just plainly look disgusting to me...

So your recommendation is the RE 4.5" with the drop brackets?

Muad'Dib said:
And thats just fine with me... i was thinking 31-33's nothing more. Ive seen some knarly lifted jeeps that just plainly look disgusting to me...

So your recommendation is the RE 4.5" with the drop brackets?

Well if you are planning on running 32's then I would go less, 5+" of lift with 32's just doesnt look right IMO.

But yes the RE 4.5" with DB would be a great setup, make sure you dont skimp on shocks. Additionally you are going to need a SYE.

Kyle Deidrick said:
Well if you are planning on running 32's then I would go less, 5+" of lift with 32's just doesnt look right IMO.

But yes the RE 4.5" with DB would be a great setup, make sure you dont skimp on shocks. Additionally you are going to need a SYE.

You can run 33s on 3 inches.

lancey3 said:
You can run 33s on 3 inches.

OP States "Mild trimming" granted ones "mild trimming" is anothers "heavy trimming" but I am under the impression that he does not want to trim that much if any at all.

With a 5.5 RE Long arm setup can you run 33's without trimming, and does anyone know how the ride is with that set up for a DD?

carrlf said:
With a 5.5 RE Long arm setup can you run 33's without trimming, and does anyone know how the ride is with that set up for a DD?

False, the front wheel well will not allow the tire to fit at flex. There simply isnt enough room.

Back