• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thoughts of selling XJ

Xjman1

NAXJA Forum User
Well, job has changed, gas has went up, lifestyle has taken another direction, etc..... and I am considering selling my beloved '99 XJ. Never thought the day would come, and it has not yet as I am fighting with the thought of it, but what do you all think I can get for it? Has been trail used, has few small scratched and performs flawlessly, daily driver. Specs below:

'99 XJ Chili Pepper Red Sport 4x4
4.5" RE SuperFlex Lift, steering box brace, C-rok plate
JKS SBD's
Powertrax no slip in Rear 8.25" w/4.56 gears(Rawbrown installed)
True Trac front HPD30 W/4.56
Tomken 2"X4" Rock rails, transfer case skid plate, gas skid
16" MT II's w/265/75/16 BFG AT's(Have rock rash and need polishing, I do not llike bling :) )
Uniden CB radio
Kenwood CD player, bazooka coaxials, and XM Commander

I am sure there is more, but what do you all think is fair? Oh yeah about 98,000 on the ticker. Not for sale yet, but trying to decide if it is worth it. Thoughts? Located in Oxnard if one would like to see.

Oh yeah, forgot,

ARB winch bumper w/Warn winch
Class III receiver
Hella Driving Lights
IPT headlight lenses w/ Silver Star bulbs and ARB wiring harness

Believe it or not, possibly an F150 crew cab. Need the extra seat and ability to haul toys. May also be selling the '03 Cobra and using the Sentra as a DD. Just too many registrations and insurance policies to maintain.

Have not decided for sure yet, just trying to get an idea of market value from enthusiast. Kind fo hard after going to Pismo yesterday and getting stuck in a RAM3500(in all fairness, not fully aired down for the weight of a Cummins).

Joe said:
:D If it fails to sell you can always part it out.:D

Yep, every one wants parts, I guess it is a good thing and part of the enjoyment to build your own rig. I think I am going to Herculine the Rock rails and ARB bumper this weekend as well as rip out the interior and thouroughly clean.

Xjman1 said:
Yep, every one wants parts, I guess it is a good thing and part of the enjoyment to build your own rig. I think I am going to Herculine the Rock rails and ARB bumper this weekend as well as rip out the interior and thouroughly clean.

Not to change the subject but before you sell it lets take one last trip. The weekend of 26th and 27th my friend and I are going camping up in the shaver lake area and run some trails. Let take her out on a run before you part?

DesertYJ,

Interesting on how you came up with that number. Not decided yet.

Joe,

Have obligations that weekend already, we will be camping at Lake Isabella over the holiday. Probably going to keep the XJ, After much debate we just can not seem to let her go and have plans to go to Colorado for the holidays so she has some more exploring to do.

Originally we were going to go camping the labor day weekend but Mary will be having surgary on the 31th and will probably be out for a week or two so there goes those plans.

Back