• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Those who are sporting 8" how low do you hang?

mbryson said:
:confused:

I don't think I've seen ANYTHING with that much droop measuring from the 'hub' {wouldn't that leave at least a 6+" of 'air' under the rocker--sounds like trouble to me}???? Long armed or other wise. Are you measuring from the hub at 'rest' on a flat surface to the full extent of droop?

I'd be shocked if I have over 26-28" of full travel on the front (up and down). That pic is an RE KIT with spacers. Nothing special. 35" tire--half that is 17.5, so I'm thinking I've got, roughly, 17-19" --depending on which side we are talking about-- of droop and maybe half that of up travel. There are points where I don't want any more flex and would rather pull a tire off. Just my opinion and seat of the pants 'feel'.

Best of luck, dude!

My bad I added when I should have subtracted. Looks like about 17" of droop when measure from the hub center to the bottom of the rocker. Thanks

XJguy

Re: Thank you!

XJguy said:
Finally some constructive input, thank you Matt
2thumbsup.gif
I was beginning to feel like I was being chastized for something I did or did not do!
damnmate.gif

XJguy

Nobody is here to chastise you, they are just trying to offer there best advice.

Lets turn it around a bit here. If you owned a F1, IRL or Champ car race team, you wouldn't give somebody without any racing experience any seat time in your top of the line car, would ya?

When I learned to wheel, I learned driving a stock 4x4 vehicle, as my experience grew, I decided what I needed, to do what I wanted to do with it. Yes I went through 3 different suspension heights and 4 different sized tires and I'm surly not done yet. I don't plan on going any higher till I know that my experince level as maxed out my rigs capabilities.

Back