• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THOR side panel armor write up

53guy said:
I got all my stuff from http://www.superbrightleds.com/truck_lights.htm
They were great, had my stuff in less than a week around Christmas time. Might be able to find stuff cheaper if you are willing to look, but that was the average price for stuff, so I didn't mind, especially knowing that everything they sold was DOT approved. Here's my shopping list if you were interested:

2 PT series Truck Light $ 19.95 each, Red PT-R56 total: $ 39.90
2 PL-3x Plug $ 1.49 each, Straight PL-3S total: $ 2.98
2 GR-65 Grommet $ 1.49 each, total: $ 2.98
2 M5 series LED Marker Lamp $ 6.29 each, Amber M5-A9 w/o Flange, total: $ 12.58
2 GR-20 Grommet $ 1.49 each, total $ 2.98
2 PL-2S Plug $ 0.95 each, total: $ 1.90

Subtotal: $ 63.32
Shipping: $ 5.00
Grand Total: $ 68.32

Thanks you get what you pay for and that seems like a fair price.

My understanding of this product is that the fit, and contour is excellent.
With that in mind do you know if they do, or will, make panels that will cover the rear doors?

BTW, thanks for another good writeup.

I smashed the back of mine very hard due to brake failure in Moab this fall. The driver side bent when the bumper bent back into the taillight portion, but I'm impressed on how they did hold up. I called Thor and they told me to hit out with a BFH, but they would sell me just the box portion of the panel so I did not have to replace the whole thing. Great product and great customer service.

100_0860.jpg

jeepnuts311 said:
oh shit. i would order some, but how long of a wait are we talking here?

-Tim

Probably just a little less than those that are waiting on tail light boxes in the vendors section :doh:

The fit/quality is awesome.. I recommend them to anyone other than people thare are local around me :D

arkxj said:
DO they make these for a 2 door model?

53guy said:
Not sure, best to ask T&A and see if it is or not. Never took any measurments of a two door. I have a feeling though that it's too short for a two door.

IXNAYXJ said:
Both are the same. T&A XJ (aka Tim) just updated his site, http://www.thor4x4.com, so take a look. The White 2-dr in the pics on his page are of my rig.

-----Matt-----

bandit455 said:
Are These lights legal in Pa?

The lights are, but the configuration might not be, look online for your state inspection criteria and read through it.

I just went in on a group buy and I think we needed to order 12 before they would make them.

SOUTHTEXASXJ said:
what do we need to do to get a order going?

Just got mine. Don't know how long it took but I'd do it agaig. No Thor logo but I didn't want it. Not sure if another run will happin due to the time it took to get them. Now for the eazy part. The install. Thank for the write up.

I smashed the back of mine very hard due to brake failure in Moab this fall. The driver side bent when the bumper bent back into the taillight portion, but I'm impressed on how they did hold up. I called Thor and they told me to hit out with a BFH, but they would sell me just the box portion of the panel so I did not have to replace the whole thing. Great product and great customer service.

100_0860.jpg

Where did you get the White 2 inch light for the reverse

Back