• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

This will start some

JNickel101 said:
Getting an A+ in speech class isn't a credible credential for being POTUS either, but...

Neither man has outstanding, overwhelming credentials - that is a fact. Both have some ok points, but as has been stated many times before, this is truely an election of "which is the lesser of the two evils". Obama may have some upside, but the safe bet is with McCain. I can't say I'd trust Obama any further than I could punt him with my bum knee.

And IN MY OPINION Ray H is 100% correct in everything he said. Good post Ray!

Fixed it just for you :kissyou:

Another point I forgot to make. If it is inevitable that we will be in conflicts at various times and places around the globe (which I believe it is) who would be the better commander and chief? I think the answer to that is pretty clear to even Obama supporters.

Trail-Axe said:
These MEN died serving America. They took the fight to the fight and deserve better then having their coffins show up in a post to support your liberal views.

It's not about liberal views. If you think it is, you're missing a point, and if you just say it is, you're obscuring it. These men (and women) took their oaths seriously and went where they were sent and did their best to do what they were assigned to do. But there's a bargain there. They do what they're told with some faith that what they're doing is honestly necessary, and that their loyalty is not being squandered. I don't think that was the case, and that the sin of Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and others is very great. I'll leave it at that.

In fact, I think I've said enough on all fronts here. If my post which was admittedly in poor taste offended anyone, I apologize, but you should search your own self honestly to try to figure out what is really offensive, and why.

Ecomike said:
One thing I am sure of is McCain would just asume stay in Iraq for another 50 years (pretty much his own words recorded on TV recently) and keep that war going.
Are you really that stupid? Really? Can you be and still breath? The remark you quote out of context was referring to a military presence similar to what we now have in Germany or Japan for example. THOSE are 50+ years. Dump the sound byte mentality and listen to the interview.
:looser:

Matthew Currie said:
Aren't there any actual issues out there? Why do people stoop to this kind of crap?

I have one question about the photo caption in the original post: it says the flag "no longer" appears on Obama's plane. This language suggests that there had been a flag, or that there was supposed to have been a flag, and it was removed. Was there? Is a flag the default on an airplane tail?

I suppose if I wanted to play dirty, I'd point out that our current president is an expert at putting flags on an airplane:
photo-flag-draped-coffins-airplane.jpg

Wow dude you are truly an a-hole for twisting a picture of our fallen sons, fathers, mothers and daughters that made it possible for you to make that ignorant post......... way to go hero.

Matthew Currie said:
They do what they're told with some faith that what they're doing is honestly necessary, and that their loyalty is not being squandered. I don't think that was the case, and that the sin of Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and others is very great. I'll leave it at that.

I think you will find that most of the men and women in our armed forces defend the decision to be there. Now, unless its your assumption that you somehow know more about this war than the people who are actually involved in it day to day, maybe you need to take a look around to see who support what. I think you will also find that most of the military supports McCain over Obama also. So when you set out to help save those poor ignorant military people who are being taken advantage of, maybe you should consider that they probably arent as ignorant as you are about this war because while you are sitting at home living it on TV, they are on the ground living it.
Not to be a dick, Im just trying to interject some reality here.

Ray H said:
I think you will find that most of the men and women in our armed forces defend the decision to be there. Now, unless its your assumption that you somehow know more about this war than the people who are actually involved in it day to day, maybe you need to take a look around to see who support what. I think you will also find that most of the military supports McCain over Obama also. So when you set out to help save those poor ignorant military people who are being taken advantage of, maybe you should consider that they probably arent as ignorant as you are about this war because while you are sitting at home living it on TV, they are on the ground living it.
Not to be a dick, Im just trying to interject some reality here.
Bingo! We have a winner!

I've run across my fair share of people who were obnoxiously righteous in their stance on a topic such as this or similar, but had no first-hand experience. It's amazing how sharply divided people can be in their political views, despite all of the facts.

Matthew Currie said:
In what way do you think I "disgraced" the photo of those soldiers by hinting that President Bush is responsible for the war that killed them? I have a high regard for these people, but I also happen to think that the war they're dying in is a mistake based on lies. Their loyalty and bravery were wasted by a callous and dishonest leadership which talks a lot of patriotic hoopla but when it comes right down to it, puts a lower value on either their lives or their loyalty than on their own ideological agenda. Disagree if you want. Call me a prick if you think it will help. But while that knee is jerking, don't forget to keep your brain turned on too, or you'll fall down and hurt yourself.

I disagree. Bin Laden is responsible for the war. Saddam Hussein is responsible for the war. People that disrespect our president "IN A TIME OF WAR" and scream so loudly about how wrong this war is, make the war last longer, and KEEP our soldiers in danger.

Personally I think the same law that allows the government to prosecute people for yelling "FIRE!" in a crowded theater should be used to prosecute people that protest a war. The results are the same. Good people die.

Matthew Currie said:
If my post which was admittedly in poor taste offended anyone, I apologize, but you should search your own self honestly to try to figure out what is really offensive, and why.

I don't need to search myself boy; and I don't need a psychobabble lecture from a boy to assist me in knowing what is truly offensive and why. But I do accept your apology.

Ray H said:
That place has been fighting forever, they will continue fighting whether we are there or not.

So why not pack up and get the hell out of there and let them go back to finishing their fight if it is futile like you say it is?

Ray H said:
We have a vested interest in what happens there. I assure you, we will be involved in everything that happens there, it doesnt matter who is pres.

Unfortunately you may be right on that point.

Ray H said:
On the economy issue. I wish McCain was stronger on it. I will vote for him either way because I trust him alot further than I do Obama, but it sure would be easier to vote for him if he had a better plan. My hope is he surrounds himself with people who do know the economy. At least thats a fixible problem.

I am not so sure the economy is that fixable now. I am afraid we are heading for real disaster here like the 1930's Great Depression, or like a freight train headed for a missing bridge over a very deep gorge. And if I am right I sure as hell don't want the Republicans and their laizefare economic policies waiting for the economy to fix itself.

Ecomike said:
So why not pack up and get the hell out of there and let them go back to finishing their fight if it is futile like you say it is?

Because we have a vested interest in the area. Our economy depends alot on what goes on there. I think we are all seeing that right now.
To tell the truth, I wouldnt mind seeing us cut all ties with that region and never go back. I dont see that ever happening so my second choice is in for a dime, in for a dollar.

Ecomike said:
I am not so sure the economy is that fixable now. I am afraid we are heading for real disaster here like the 1930's Great Depression, or like a freight train headed for a missing bridge over a very deep gorge. And if I am right I sure as hell don't want the Republicans and their laizefare economic policies waiting for the economy to fix itself.

I didnt mean the "economy" is fixable. I think, like you, its definately going to be an up hill road. What I meant was that McCains lack of knowledge on the subject is fixable if he surrounds himself with good people and listens to them. I guess the same thing could be said for Obamas lack of foreign affairs and military experience. Im not sure he will listen to anyone though.

Hey mike The sky is falling... Dude i see more people buying shit today than LAST year... Hell look at me, Land, then put my home on it.. You keep beating this bush thing to the ground.. Next your going to say he started the global warming.. My god, does he do every thing thats wrong today? Go an spend some cash on your jeeps, then go off road.. Chit do some thing

How did we get in this economic mess anyway. I know its easy to blame one party or another, or one POTUS or another but it seems to me oil prices are to blame. I admittedly dont know the ins and outs of oil barrel pricing except that when it goes up, prices at the pump go up. When that happens the price everything goes up and the market goes down as people lose confidence and buying power. Then the dollar loses value and the cycle starts all over.
im not sure I see a correlation between oil prices and what political party is in the white house, congress or the senate.
Doesnt OPEC set barrel prices? We arent in OPEC anymore are we?

Mudderoy said:
Personally I think the same law that allows the government to prosecute people for yelling "FIRE!" in a crowded theater should be used to prosecute people that protest a war.

I strongly disagree. New thread coming.

Boatwrench said:
I strongly disagree. New thread coming.

Noooo, not another thread. Damit, Im going to have to hire a secretary to keep track of this stuff.

Bent said:
Are you really that stupid? Really? Can you be and still breath? The remark you quote out of context was referring to a military presence similar to what we now have in Germany or Japan for example. THOSE are 50+ years. Dump the sound byte mentality and listen to the interview.
:looser:

I guess I must be. :rolleyes:

So you want us to stay there for 50 more years too? I suspect many in the Middle East will have major objections to that plan. Explosive objections at that.

Personally I think we should have US troops in every country on the planet. It would make US rule over our dominion so much easier. :rolleyes:

Now as far as the "stupid" remark you made goes, I will try and be nice and ignor it.

The fact of the matter is this thread and others are loaded with equally silly sound bite mentality pieces attacking Obama that are just as rediculous, so why should I play any nicer?

But the real point here is that McCain is saying he will pull out of Iraq when the war is won, and only then, and then later he says he wants to stay there for 50 years. You can't have it both ways, unless he plans on fighting the war for 50 years while we stay there, which is just as rediculous.

Back