• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thinking about moving to McKinney

closed well that sucks! i heard something about them thinking about it. ya Texas seems better everyday im here. Cali just plain sucks!!!

i have only ever been to the Dallas/Ft.Worth area so that would be the choice.

Hey Sean...
Iam just up the road from McKinney, in Sherman. Its not really all that bad here. (IF ya like it HOT and HUMID)

BUT...
Like I said....
No where to really wheel for free unless ya know someone with lots of land.
The fishing IS pretty good if ya know where to go.

i have only ever been to the Dallas/Ft.Worth area so that would be the choice.

you should check out austin area. its a smaller city than DFW and most people that come here never leave. there is quite a bit to do here as well. out of all the big cities in texas imo i think austin is the best. next on my list would probably be san antonio.

ya austin itself is really liberal, but the surrounding areas aren't. its really south austin that gives austin that rep.

Austin has the highest cost of living of all of Texas. Don't LIVE in Austin, live out side of Austin and commute...

we dont need any more californians in austin. stay out. thansk

LMAO! thanks! i don't consider myself a "Californian" considering i have lived in many places, but i don't blame you for thinking that way.

my buddy actualy has a Tattoo shop in Austin, i will be down there often to finish up my work he started 2 years ago. im am applying for Dallas/Ft.Worth police department in the next week once i finish my class. this is where i plan on going with my career once i get out there, Ca is not doin much hiring in the law enforcement fields due to the economy right now.

Last edited:
Ah crap... thats all we need is another Texas Ranger.

J/K... Or am I?

LOL true... so true.

Yeah you guys beat them up and I have to take them to the hospital.

I guess thats a kind of job security for me.

LMAO! thanks! i don't consider myself a "Californian" considering i have lived in many places, but i don't blame you for thinking that way.

my buddy actualy has a Tattoo shop in Austin, i will be down there often to finish up my work he started 2 years ago. im am applying for Dallas/Ft.Worth police department in the next week once i finish my class. this is where i plan on going with my career once i get out there, Ca is not doin much hiring in the law enforcement fields due to the economy right now.

What shop

well he was in Austin until about 4 months ago, hes in Friendswood now just outside of Houston...i totally forgot he moved http://mainlineink.com/ here is a link to his shop.. oh well guess im staying out of Austin then!

Yeah thats a new shop to me. But it's been a number of years since I left the tattoo business. ALOT of shops have opened up in the past year or two. Honestly most of them won't last.

And I hope your buddy realized by now that this is not Austin and Austin tattoo prices won't work down here... like the whole "body charge" crap they do there. OH and down here in Houston it's a cut throat business not like in Austin where just about every artist gets along.

pm me if you wanna know where to go wheelin around here.. i live in plano and some good wheelin is maybe 15 min south of mckinney.. not gonna post it up here.. but i take my xj out there all the time

Paging Kendrik...

Err, sorry. I've been wrapped up in other stuff and haven't been watching the forums. :)

I've been in McKinney for about 9 years, now, and I love it. It's far enough out that it doesn't feel like living in the big city, but you've still got access to all the big-city benefits.

If you want to live a bit more country, go a few miles north to Melissa or Anna.

The closest legal wheeling is about a 2.5 hour drive at Barnwell Mountain RA so you really have to make a day of it (or a weekend) but it's pretty decent. Another couple of hours of driving puts you in Hot Springs, AR at Superlift ORV which might be closer to the type of wheeling you're used to.

Also, ignore Chia...he's just angry because he can't decide if he's and XJ'er, a Nissan'er, or a Tuner so he takes it out on strangers.

Back