• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thinking about an ipod for the Jeep, need some advice

I do believe the Premier (same as pionner just slightly more money depending on where you purchase), comes with the said cable. Probably why they cost the extra 10-20$ lol.
Since I do not think that Microshaft or Apple deserve any of my money, is part of the reason I prefer other music/video players. And drap and drop is a lot better than using a program is not necessary and uses hard drive space that I can use for more important things, and just another thing that has pop-ups to ask if you want to upgrade. I know exactly where all my music is, I dont need an F'ing program to save it in a "library" for me.

Boss got a Q5 and handed me the keys and his Iphone, wanted it to work not only phone wise but stream internet radio over bluetooth [it won't], found out pretty quick that Audi has a their own proprietary plug in the glove box and 4 other 'adapter' plugs that will go in there and at $50 or so each thats somewhat expensive.

Our new Commander has the MyGiG Nav/radio and also comes with a iPod cable running into the glove box. Neat set-up considering its factory.

From a quick look, it appears that Pioneer did the same thing Alpine did on their later units with integrated iPod support: one end is an iPod connector, while the other end is proprietary to their head unit.

Your spot on.. found a pic of the back panel of my stereo. It doesnt not have the USB.. i'll need to spend the $50 for the proprietary cable.

Hey, yes it will. I thought I needed that cord as well. One day for just shits and giggles I plugged in the Ipod using the USB sync cord and it worked outright. Full Ipod control and charging. It is worth a shot just to plug it in. They still have the port for pluging that special cable in, but I have no idea what it could possibly do for me other than separate another $20 from my pocket.

My Pioneer just has two USB ports. I use the rear one with my iPod using the USB cord it came with.

The cool thing is I can use my front USB port to power my GPS freeing up a 12v cig plug for something else.

Our new Commander has the MyGiG Nav/radio and also comes with a iPod cable running into the glove box. Neat set-up considering its factory.

What year is your Commander? My wife's GC (08) has the MyGiG but there is no cable in the glove box.

Your spot on.. found a pic of the back panel of my stereo. It doesnt not have the USB.. i'll need to spend the $50 for the proprietary cable.

Did they shoot the price up recently? I was at best buy a few months ago before I figured out that USB would run mine and the cable was only $25ish, think they had an open one for $18.

Did they shoot the price up recently? I was at best buy a few months ago before I figured out that USB would run mine and the cable was only $25ish, think they had an open one for $18.

My luck... most definately.

I'm unsure which i need though. Found this..

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pioneer-Ipod-Ad...er_MP3_Player_Accessories?hash=item4a9e5a1c24

And also this..

http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-ADAPTER...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item53decde918

Both show the part# thats required for my Pioneer. BTW.. i have a few year old DEH-P2900 that's been discontinued.

I'd skip this one. That wire outside of the main cable with the inline fuse isn't exactly filling me with confidence.

Any idea why the other one has an external adapter box as part of the kit? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm not familiar with your head unit and can't tell if your model needs an external controller or not.

Turns out both of those harness' will charge the Ipod, only the one with the box gives you Ipod control from the headunit or remote in my case.

Should have known i needed the more expensive of the two.. :looser:

Now to find a decent set of door speakers..

Pioneer hooked up to a Microsoft Zune... ftw

Back